imported contacts twice from SD card

poe420

Reaction score
So i had the problem of my contact not being synced. Got that fixed importing the contacts from my SD card. might have accidentally imported twice. now in programs such as handcent and ringroid the same contact show up multiple times. is there any ways to fix this

htheduck

Reaction score
anyone? it seems each time i IMPORT from SD card, it adds an additional entry for each contact with same phone.
i can now choose from 4 of the same phone number for each contact???
is there a fix?

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes. go to google.com/contacts and click search for duplicates then delete and sync

htheduck

Reaction score
thanks corinacakes, but i'm not tech savy.
i never use gmail, (only to activiate the phone & market for apps).

i can see my contacts on gmail, however, what is the difference between MY contacts & ALL contacts?

each time it syncs it keeps doubling the contacts...and windows (flash)gets stuck. :icon_eek:

*update:
i tried what you suggested and mergeded all duplicate contacts in gmail-(thanks). however after sync, all my contacts tripled...

Last edited:

bje1982

Reaction score
Anyone know the answer?? Im having the same problem and cant find the answer anywhere..

truckrod

Reaction score
Anyone know the answer?? Im having the same problem and cant find the answer anywhere..

I haven't found a fix eather and I am haven the same problem ...I do know that once u do a exsport to sd card you should keep track of you numbers as witch is the latest contact exsport and move the older ones to your pc or jus delete the older ones from your sd card for if importing contacts it will look up all contact files n this will add mult dupplicates . If I find a fix I will post :icon_eek: