Im Stuck need Help!

NewCreation

Reaction score
So i tried to re flash my Droid since the internet and any apps that needed internet just stopped working. I had originally paid a Cricket dealer to flash it and I lost my receipt and its been over a month so I wasn't counting on them being much help other than to charge me to flash it again. I followed a tutorial from Howard forums that Ive seen posted in a lot of other places and people have had success with....but i seemed to have lost the 3g capability and this phone just doesn't do anything good on 1x. So I tried to do it again and still no luck. I tried to root it again which was probably stupid on my part since im a newbie to this stuff and now I dont know what I did exactly but my phone is reset pretty much now and I cant even get wi fi it says unable to start wi fi when I try to turn it on...still stuck on 1x and no 3g I cant download any apps from market or use internet at all so now I have a retarded smart phone thats only good for making phone calls and sending text messages....not even picture messages.....I was hoping someone here might know a way I can fix this...ive tried several sbf files with no change. I know theres probably some way to get it right but im new like i said.....thanks in advance to any suggestions.

PARick

Reaction score
So i tried to re flash my Droid since the internet and any apps that needed internet just stopped working. I had originally paid a Cricket dealer to flash it and I lost my receipt and its been over a month so I wasn't counting on them being much help other than to charge me to flash it again. I followed a tutorial from Howard forums that Ive seen posted in a lot of other places and people have had success with....but i seemed to have lost the 3g capability and this phone just doesn't do anything good on 1x. So I tried to do it again and still no luck. I tried to root it again which was probably stupid on my part since im a newbie to this stuff and now I dont know what I did exactly but my phone is reset pretty much now and I cant even get wi fi it says unable to start wi fi when I try to turn it on...still stuck on 1x and no 3g I cant download any apps from market or use internet at all so now I have a retarded smart phone thats only good for making phone calls and sending text messages....not even picture messages.....I was hoping someone here might know a way I can fix this...ive tried several sbf files with no change. I know theres probably some way to get it right but im new like i said.....thanks in advance to any suggestions.

Have you done a data wipe and factory reset?

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
I have had the wifi thing come up before too... I reset the phone n haven't ever again thank god...

I noticed in ur settings there is a choice area that gives u the type of signal u wanna receive. 1x evdo or 3g. U could also check that to see if somethin ain't rite there

lg ally <rooted velocity 0.4>
samsung fascinate <rooted>

OP
N

NewCreation

Reaction score
yeah i did a reset....and lost all my apps including the clockwork mod and autostart which i cant get now that my phone wont log on to internet or market....

@ xixgrimmxix

Im on a Moto Droid and have no idea where the settings are to switch from "1x evdo" or "3g"...ive never seen that setting...are you sure your talking about a Droid too?

i did enable data roaming and its showing i have a 3g signal now but it still wont connect to market or internet and wants me to set up my google account when i try but it wont connect and says i have a problem and that my phone may not be provisioned for data services. I tried *228 to program my phone but nothing still.

PARick

Reaction score
Ok, I think I would try unrooting it. There are plenty of guides her on how to do that. Once unrooted, I would do a factory reset with data and cache wipe.

OP
N

NewCreation

Reaction score
Im still having trouble finding any guide to unroot that doesnt require me to have a mod i dont have...maybe im looking in the wrong place...if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated...

xixgrimmxix

Reaction score
Z4root... is a one click unroot.

Menu, settings, wireless and networks, mobile networks (on the bottom), system select. Make sure its on digital hybrid mode.

lg ally <rooted velocity 0.4>
samsung fascinate <rooted>

OP
N

NewCreation

Reaction score
i never got around to trying z4root until today (just had a baby so been real busy) but according to the instructions i have to use a file manager on my phone which i dont have and i cant use the market to download one....any suggestions?

Or does anyone know a way I can fix my phone without needing any mods or anything I have to dl off market since i cant dl and have no wifi still.

D_H

Reaction score
Did you make any nandroid backups when your market was working?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

sayindo

Reaction score
I can help u maybe we can exchange some info

You first need cdma workshop and th latest prl for crickets 3g if any questions email me chrisds0@yahoo.com

so i tried to re flash my droid since the internet and any apps that needed internet just stopped working. I had originally paid a cricket dealer to flash it and i lost my receipt and its been over a month so i wasn't counting on them being much help other than to charge me to flash it again. I followed a tutorial from howard forums that ive seen posted in a lot of other places and people have had success with....but i seemed to have lost the 3g capability and this phone just doesn't do anything good on 1x. So i tried to do it again and still no luck. I tried to root it again which was probably stupid on my part since im a newbie to this stuff and now i dont know what i did exactly but my phone is reset pretty much now and i cant even get wi fi it says unable to start wi fi when i try to turn it on...still stuck on 1x and no 3g i cant download any apps from market or use internet at all so now i have a retarded smart phone thats only good for making phone calls and sending text messages....not even picture messages.....i was hoping someone here might know a way i can fix this...ive tried several sbf files with no change. I know theres probably some way to get it right but im new like i said.....thanks in advance to any suggestions.