I'm so Lost!!!

luckmylife

Reaction score
I've already searched threads and couldn't find anything that worked...

When I plug my Droid up to my computer, nothing pops up. Is there supposed to be some software that goes with this? I downloaded Motorola Media Link, but even with the phone connected it says that theres nothing there, "Device must be connected." The computer recognizes the USB cable is there but that program won't and I've tried mounting, unmounting, I don't know what else to do.

Secondly, I'm trying to get the Gameboid Lite to work but I am having a heck of a time finding a gba_bios.bin thing. I've downloaded some onto my computer, and the one time that MML recognized the device, the gba_bios didn't appear in the folder it was supposed to be in. I then tried downloading the gba_bios from the internet on my phone, and that doesn't result in anything either.

I've poked my nose in a bunch of threads that popped up when I searched the forum, but none of that information has helped me so far.

Please help? I'm such a noob.

Guchi

Reaction score
when you plug it in the computer makes the sound like you pluged in a usb device? if so check in the "my computer" folder and the phone shoud show up as a removable disk. then pull down the top menu on the phone to mount the drive

amotamatapia

Reaction score
To connect it to the computer, plug the USB end into the computer while the micro USB end is in the droid (obviously).

On the droid in the notification panel, there will be options. Tap on the one that says "Enable to copy files" or something similar, and tap "mount." It should now be seen on your PC.

Edit: Guchi got it before me :reddroid:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
when you connect your droid to your pc drop down your notification bar and select mount device.

i havent used gameboid so i cant comment on that.

OP
luckmylife

luckmylife

Reaction score
Ok wow I already did all that before, but Idk Motorola Media Link is now recognizing my Droid. What software do you use, or do you just drag things into the "Removable disk" that the computer recognizes as the Droid?

Berzerker

Reaction score
Simple drag and drop. Once you're done copying, you need to pull the notification bar down and turn off USB storage, then it refreshes the SDCard on the phone.