I'm new.

firechick

Reaction score
Hi! I am new to the forum, and new to owning a smartphone. I upgraded from an Alias 2 to a Casio commando. I live in a fairly rural area, and most folks with these things are half my age. :)

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
Hi! I am new to the forum, and new to owning a smartphone. I upgraded from an Alias 2 to a Casio commando. I live in a fairly rural area, and most folks with these things are half my age. :)

Welcome to the forums! How do you like the Commando so far?

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
F

firechick

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! I like the phone. I love the ruggedized feartures, as my job gets a bit rough. I am having problems doing a few things on it, but I'm pretty sure it's because I don't know what I am doing.

Bravesfan319

Reaction score
I just googled it, my buddy was talking about a "indestructable" android phone. So have you threw it in the water yet??

I had to google it to lol. And I'd like to see somebody make a phone I can't manage to break :) haha

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

OP
F

firechick

Reaction score
No water tests yet. I've only had it 4 days. lol One of the guys at the store tossed it across the showroom floor like a bowling ball, picked it up, and it was fine. I'm sure I can break it, but it will probably fare a little better than the standard models. If I can't figure out how to transfer documents to it via the USB cable pretty soon, I might give it that test myself!

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. do u have a card reader instead?

Droid 2 Global / Xoom... Aloha from Hawaii

OP
F

firechick

Reaction score
welcome to the forum. do u have a card reader instead?

I do have a reader. The phone doesn't seem to intuitively know what to do with the files via the cable. The support tech told me to add a folder ("Documents") to the card and drop files into it. It finds PDF's just fine, but not text or word files. I also downloaded a file I e-mailed to myself, and it shows up in downloads, but I cant find it after that.

It must be something I am doing wrong or am not doing. I have been searching the net and the forum for hours, with no luck. :wacko:

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Sorry for the late replay but ur mentioning word docs? What if u download office docs from the market? There's a free version and a paid version. For my line of work, including my own business I use quickoffice HD on my Xoom and Quick office on my D2G and it saves PDF, word, PPT, etc just fine. I toggle between these two and my lap top and I either transfer these files via BT, cable link, or card reader.
I'm not familiar with ur device but hopefully I can try to give u different scenarios.

Droid2Global/Xoom...the hawaiian style

OP
F

firechick

Reaction score
Hawaiian Princess, I got olive office from the net, and it is locating the docs without issue. It allows for editing of word docs, too. Must be something glitching in the included reader. I even found one that will read open office docs. Now, I just have to wait for someone to build an app for creating or editing open office file. (This looks like it may never happen.)

So far, the phone has been decent. I think I'm happy with the purchase.

Thanks for all the welcome messages, and the assistance. :yr1:

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
I know what u mean. im waiting patiently to see if someone can build Visio so I can do some workflows but im sure its a bit complicated.
but glad to hear ur quite satisfied above everything else. and ur welcome...have fun