I'm looking for some apps that do some specific things, help, thanks.

Reaction score
1. I'd like an app that turns my camera button into a secondary unlock button. that way I can unlock the phone with whichever button is closest to my thumb when I pull it from my pocket. My old Dare had the unlock on the side and I miss that.

2. An app that shows the music player info on the unlock screen without having to unlock phone all the way. I'm thinking a "Live Background" that showed music player info would also fill this role.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
1. I'd like an app that turns my camera button into a secondary unlock button. that way I can unlock the phone with whichever button is closest to my thumb when I pull it from my pocket. My old Dare had the unlock on the side and I miss that.

Screen Mode Widget

OP
S
Reaction score
Screen Mode really wasn't what I was looking for, but thanks for the suggestion.
I want to change the behavior of the camera button when the Droid is locked, not the overall behavior of the droid.

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Screen Mode really wasn't what I was looking for, but thanks for the suggestion.
I want to change the behavior of the camera button when the Droid is locked, not the overall behavior of the droid.

Not sure I understand what you're looking for. Just to be sure we're on the same page, ScreenModeWidget allows you to set a status (Awake Stay). In that state the screen goes black as usual according to the timeout interval you set. However, when you hit the camera button, the volume button, or the power button it turns on, skipping the lock screen.

Once the Droid is "awake," (screen is on), the volume and camera buttons respond normally.

Granted, this may not suit your requirements since it combines the "wakeup" function with the "unlock" function (skipping the lock screen.) Unfortunately, the status of "sleep stay" which amounts to the Droid's default behavior does not support the use of the volume or camera buttons to wake it up. (As I discovered to my embarrassment when I recommended it for that purpose last week.) But from your original post I thought that you were looking to skip the lock screen.

jasonb

Reaction score

2. An app that shows the music player info on the unlock screen without having to unlock phone all the way. I'm thinking a "Live Background" that showed music player info would also fill this role.

btunes has an option for controls on the lockscreen. It works well.