Im in need of offline news apps :(

rsarno

Reaction score
On my BB i used Viigo as an RSS aggregater.

I will let the app update when i am above ground, but then i go underground for many hours and would like to read full articles .. teaser paragraphs are of no use to me :(

advice?

pinesal

Reaction score
There is a way to make google reader fetch entire articles. Its and option or an addon or something. If you can figure that out, its just a matter of getting an app that syncs with google reader. BeyondPod does.

ragnoir

Reaction score
I use the app NewsRoom. I think I paid 5.99 for it but totally worth works great! You can add any rss feed you want.

ragnoir

Reaction score
Yes it downloads the feeds and then you look at all the feeds offline.

AudioCow

Reaction score
NewsRob is free and will download as much or as little content as you want for offline viewing. Up to 1000 articles.
It only syncs with google reader though.

ragnoir

Reaction score
That why I like NewsRoom it's stand alone app and doesn't require another service to work. In fact from within the program you can type in the URL of a page and it will scan the page and attempt to locate the RSS feed and bring in the content.

I don't use a lot of apps but I really enjoy this one.

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
will any of them download the images for offline as well? That would be awesome.

darklipslide

Reaction score
will any of them download the images for offline as well? That would be awesome.

Check out FeedR,

It will aggregate all your feeds, and I've seen the option to save all images to sd card. It is updated often and has a great widget, and it supports google reader

OP
R

rsarno

Reaction score
i loaded up NewsRob and turned on airplane mode ... no images in the feeds :(

This would be really helpful for me. Is there any way?

EDIT, i see that only unread items will retain the image due to a setting, so that may have been the issue.

Last edited: