Im confused.

rfinger

Reaction score
This is my first post but I have been a long time reader. I started with the original Droid and had it rooted with gingerbread and overclocked. I just recently procured a DX2 and Im having issues. I used Gingerbreak to root it. It seems to be having an issue.

1. Will not update via verizon to 2.3
2. I have tried to use the Bootstrapper and it will not go into recovery mode it will install just fine but will not reboot it just shuts off.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I wanna say that I've heard of people actually using the D2 Bootstrapper for the DX2 but don't quote me on that.

This thread has been Thunder struck!!

OP
R

rfinger

Reaction score
1. Debugging is on
2. Plugged into charger
3. It will now reboot but not into recovery mode....wtf

Sandso9

Reaction score
1. Debugging is on
2. Plugged into charger
3. It will now reboot but not into recovery mode....wtf

click install recovery again I've had some problems with the bootstrap not rebooting into recovery but i just clicked install recovery and it seemed to work.

OP
R

rfinger

Reaction score
ok did what you said....uninstalled it....then i downloaded it again, erased it from the sd card and put it back on there and reinstalled it and it wont do anything....

Dumb question but is there a key i have to press during boot?

Sandso9

Reaction score
ok did what you said....uninstalled it....then i downloaded it again, erased it from the sd card and put it back on there and reinstalled it and it wont do anything....

Dumb question but is there a key i have to press during boot?

No just has to be plugged in and press install recovery allow it with su and then reboot into recovery no need to push any buttons. Im sure what's up there's more people over at XDA if you want to ask them im sure one of them can help you

Sent from my DROID X2

Reaction score
Are you certain that you are rooted? It's acting as if it isn't.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

OP
R

rfinger

Reaction score
Charger plugged in yes....I just did a hard reset on my phone....going through ALL the steps again