I'm at my wit's end!

mpax9

Reaction score
I picked up this phone DAY 1 thinking it was Verizon's answer to the iPhone. And for a while, I was convinced. But for a while now - my Droid has given me nothing but problems.

I'm wondering if it's a result of some bad APPs I've installed or something else. Wanted to get some expert opinion on these boards as to whether or not I should do a factory reset or go back to Verizon (the phone is past the warranty and I did not get the insurance)

Here's some of the problems that are driving me crazy:

1) Force Closes/Freezing: It seems like whenever I want to do something on my phone - it either gets hung up (forcing me to do a battery pull) or Force Closes. I am running Panda because I NEED those side drawers.

2) SMS: I've been told by several people that they have texted me and I never received it. Also, sometimes I receive texts that are severely delayed (almost an hour last night). And very often when I send a text - I get an error message that says it didn't go through, but the person I'm texting received it (and usually receives double texts since I re-send). *I am using Handcent.

3) Phone Calls: For some reason, when I receive a call I can't hear audio from the handset - and only hear it when I manually press the Speaker button.

4) Blue Tooth: I paired my phone with a bluetooth speaker today and it was working fine for a while - but now the wireless keeps cutting out and the audio is played through my handset. It seems like the bluetooth cuts out after like 5 mins, and then I can't re-activate it.

jimnutt

Reaction score
Item #3 is reason enough to take the phone in for replacement (or at least make the attempt). Try doing a factory reset and running the phone completely stock. If they problems don't occur, it's a bad app.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well, if you take it to VZW the first thing they will do is a factory reset, so you might as well do it yourself...you can reboot the phone into Safe mode to see if it is a bad app..

Turn off the phone, slide out the keyboard, hold the menu key thats on the keyboard along with the power button and hold the menu button until the lockscreen shows up and all your apps will be disabled so you can see if it performs any better.

To get out of Safe mode just reboot the phone normally

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
#3 could be due to media volume set to low. I have had this issue before, and just hit speaker on and then off to hear the person on the other end.

irishdroid

Reaction score
I used to run panda and had fc problems, I now use home++ and no problems. As far as texts, not sure, I don't like handcent and I now use chomp SMS. I do use Bluetooth, its a pos Emerson from Wall@$%, and it works great, not sure what could cause your problem. Are you running an antivirus app? I have heard of them causing issues.

roberj13

Reaction score
I ran Panda for a while. Bunches of FC's. Ran Home ++, same thing. Im sure these have been updated since then, but in my experience in both cases I ended up uninstalling because I needed to USE my phone.

I did think the side drawers were cool in Panda, and thought the power strip was nice in Home++ though. :)

Every once in a while when I send a group text to about 10 people, the phone thinks they didn't go through, but people respond that they received it. Odd but I don't ever really think about it..

Don't use bluetooth really, so don't really have a useful response other than make sure the battery is charged/replaced in the bluetooth device.

I would try safe mode and see if Panda is causing any of the problems you are mentioning.

Good Luck.

Reaction score
I too loved Panda until I realized just how slow it made my phone and that it would randomly wig out my phone, especially after powering the phone on.

After I uninstalled Panda, smooth sailing.

Sam

tracylee

Reaction score
I had Panda and was fine until a couple of days ago. I thought it was Lookout, because it was FCing, but every time it did, Panda would FC. I've missed a bunch of calls in the last couple of days because of it.