Illegal file?

MrRoboto

Reaction score
So I followed all the steps to convert a movie so that it will play on the Droid:motdroidvert: , but theres a problem.

I did change my ip to static, from dynamic.. i installed tversity and nswPlayer and updated my media file in tversity, i used handbrake to convert the movies usinig the correct settings showin in the tutorial here ( http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...eo-android-tversity-nswplayer.html#post383437 )
But that didnt work, i went to my ip and saw the movies in my browser on the droid, i tried opening them with nswPlayer as the default player, when i try to play one itllseem like its opening up and getting ready to play but then itll close and say "illegal file". So i tried a different converter, "Dvd Catalyst". converted, updated my media file and went to try and play different movies again, and i get the same thing, illegal file.

Why's it doing this? is it because of the 2.1 update? my phone is not rooted or modded in any way. i hope someone can help me resolve this issue because dvdcatalysts' trailers that play on the droid are stunning. So im trying to get the same thing going but for movies. Im sorry if this isnt supposed to be posted... if not please PM me some help :(

Thank you

samiusmc

Reaction score
It's not 2.1. I use DVD Catalyst as well as Handbrake and both work fine with my 2.1 rom. Try opening the file with the native Droid video player. Just open up your Gallery app. The video and pictures should be there. Select the movie you want to watch and select it. Let me know if that doesn't work.