If you have FC, lag, sounds, etc and think your og droid HW is failing - READ THIS.

drewrivera

Reaction score
Ok, so I did this over the weekend, and the phone is rooted and romed with Pete's 2.3.5 load, but I just found out today that I have no sound when I get a phone call. Anyone have this issue? or know how to fix it? I guess I will go back to stock again and see if the phone works then.

Update:
I went back to stock, and the phone is working now.
I flashed SP Recovery, still working.
I flashed Root, still working.

Ok, so I flashed Pete's 2.3.5 again, and the speaker doesn't work again. I don't get it.

Try re installing the ROM over that one without deleting cache, data,etc..

Milestoner

meishkov

Reaction score
I'm curious as to whether everybody who's done this if they've kept their exact same ROM setup ie v6 supercharger, swap partition, etc.?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

jrl9851

Reaction score
Guys, why can't I get my phone to activate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't make or receive calls or anything like that. I just flashed back to stock, did the *228 thing, says it activated successfully, but it didn't! Help

meishkov

Reaction score
That's bad. I'm wondering if the best way is the SBF 22D then boot it up and try and do the OTA updates to get it to the latest, then reroot, flash, etc??

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Guys, why can't I get my phone to activate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't make or receive calls or anything like that. I just flashed back to stock, did the *228 thing, says it activated successfully, but it didn't! Help

What does it say when you go to settings/About Phone and look at the baseband? Does it have one listed or is it blank?

If it's blank, flashing a rom should fix it. Or try sbf'ing again.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
Under baseband it says:

C_01.43.01P

What all have you tried to get it working, besides trying to activate it? Have you tried sbf'ing or flashing another rom? If we Can't get your phone going, I say post in the Rescue Squad section and see what they say.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Under baseband it says:

C_01.43.01P

Sometimes a bad file can cause issues. Or not getting the "full" SBF file. Important to make sure its not just a system sbf file...

D2D is on the Razor's Edge!!
Peace!!-------- )))))

doublea500

Reaction score
im almost halfway through with this method. i just went back to stock (d1 is looking quick) now im letting it charge to start the rooting process

Edit-Finished, working much betterrr

jrl9851

Reaction score
My phone is dead. Flashed a different rom and same thing....no mobile connection (only wifi).

jrl9851

Reaction score
Yes, I've done it like 5 times. It says "activated successfully" but I still can't get a mobile signal.