Ics Update

XHaloX

Reaction score
Hello,I have been waiting for the ota update for 3 days now,and have seen that people have already received it.Anyone know how to force update it?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I presume you're on .905 now? If not you won't get the update OTA.

I did a "check for update" Friday morining and it just popped up. Not on soak or anything. I can't believe I'm the only one that happened to.

OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
aaf709 said:
I presume you're on .905 now? If not you won't get the update OTA.

I did a "check for update" Friday morining and it just popped up. Not on soak or anything. I can't believe I'm the only one that happened to.

Yes im on 905.5

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
OK, when you check for updates the server checks your version and IMEI number. That's what seems to decide when you get the OTA.

It's random, so random that if you bought two Bionics the same day one may get the update days after the other one. Unfortunately that means that your phone can say it's up to date despite the fact that others have it. You can install it manually, if you want to, but it should be available to you after a few days.

You might want to check while on 4G, rather than WiFi. I've heard there's a difference.

There was another thread like yours at http://www.droidforums.net/forum/motorola-droid-bionic/227153-any-way-force-ics-update.html, but it didn't seem to work.

Last edited:
OP
XHaloX

XHaloX

Reaction score
Alright I guess Ill wait,thank you for the help though.

Arkbird

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
The roll out could take a couple weeks so don't worry. I'm pretty sure the majority of us don't have the update yet. My Bionic is stock 2.3.4. and .905

makoti

Reaction score
The roll out could take a couple weeks so don't worry. I'm pretty sure the majority of us don't have the update yet. My Bionic is stock 2.3.4. and .905

Waiting, waiting....and I'm ok with it. Expect to get it pretty late, since I got the phone in Jan. HOWEVER...I really wish that when I do check, it wouldn't taunt me by saying that my phone is up-to-date! NO it's not!

hapka16

Reaction score
Use the HOB to update it...i did it last night and upgraded from .232 to .246. It's very easy to do...just read all the instructions and follow the directions and it's pretty smooth sailing.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Waiting, waiting....and I'm ok with it. Expect to get it pretty late, since I got the phone in Jan. HOWEVER...I really wish that when I do check, it wouldn't taunt me by saying that my phone is up-to-date! NO it's not!

I admit that I got mine Sept 12, 2011, but updates are random. Yours will come when your IMEI number is scheduled to receive it, unless you opt to do the install manually.

mattjenn

Reaction score
It is random pushes for 1st several days. They only push so many phones at a time so servers don't crash once majority are pushed they will make it available to pull yourself for those who don't have it