ICS port possible with a locked bootloader?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Droid 2 global is very similar to the milestone and Droid 1, right? Well developers over on xda are doing pretty well so far with ports on both those devices so I'm sure someone could use those to port ics to the d2g...just be patient as there are a few issues none of the ports for any devices have figured out yet (camera being one of the main ones)

Supercharged tweaked Miui.us
Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

ExodusC

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Droid 2 global is very similar to the milestone and Droid 1, right? Well developers over on xda are doing pretty well so far with ports on both those devices so I'm sure someone could use those to port ics to the d2g...just be patient as there are a few issues none of the ports for any devices have figured out yet (camera being one of the main ones)

Supercharged tweaked Miui.us
Primes deprimed kernel @ 1.2GHz w/ customized kickasskernel tweaks and 3g turbocharger
19.9 linpack score
1921 quadrant score
Zoom zoom ;)

Aside from looks, the phones aren't really similar. The Droid has an unlockable bootloader, only a single cellular radio, as well as a previously huge support base.

From what I understand, work on the Droid doesn't really help us much at all.

Sent from my Motorola Droid via Tapatalk.

tramp239

Reaction score
I just want to give all the devs for all devices props for all the kick a$$ hard work they do on all the ROM's ever created! KUDOS TO ALL THE DEV'S!!!!

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums