ICS (installable) has been pulled

OP
T

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
As of yet with the other ICS leaks there is no way to revert back to gingerbread. So take caution before you jump on this build. Its a leak and almost certainly not the finished product. You just may be stuck on this leak until the offical ICS fxz comes out.

jickracer007

Reaction score
Timmy I see you have a wealth of information regarding the "bionic" first just want to say KUDOS to you.
Also I have read that the new Gapps has code written in that actually monitors your wi=fi tether have you heard of this and may I ask are you going to install the leak or wait the 2 moths for the official motorola release?

jickracer007

Reaction score
Briguy how is the 4g and have you lost any reception or data?
How long have you had it installed?

briguy503

Reaction score
I installed this morning and has been working good. The 4g data did not drop once, and it seemed that I had more bars than on 905. The only thing so far is turning on and off the wi-fi is a little finicky. But it works.

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
As of yet with the other ICS leaks there is no way to revert back to gingerbread. So take caution before you jump on this build. Its a leak and almost certainly not the finished product. You just may be stuck on this leak until the offical ICS fxz comes out.
That's right, once you upgrade to the ICS kernel, which is done when you flash an ICS leak, there is no going back. The phone won't allow you to downgrade kernels. Fortunately people have found a way to unstick themselves from a leak and move to the next, so everyone believes (and hopes) you could upgrade to the official OTA when it comes out using the unstick method.

OP
T

timmy10shoes

Reaction score
That's right, once you upgrade to the ICS kernel, which is done when you flash an ICS leak, there is no going back. The phone won't allow you to downgrade kernels. Fortunately people have found a way to unstick themselves from a leak and move to the next, so everyone believes (and hopes) you could upgrade to the official OTA when it comes out using the unstick method.
You can use the 902 fxz to get back from the first leak for sure. Not sure about the 2nd one yet

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
The D4 cannot go back to GB, it can only do a hybrid (GB & ICS) that allows us to go to the next leak. Is 902 ICS or GB?

nellj

Reaction score

It's very simple actually. Just use RSD and the .902 fxz to go back to .902 stock. Upgrade OTA.905 and flash the ICS. I just done it myself. I initially installed the first ICS leak, then went back to .902 and installed the latest .2233

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
That's interesting that the Bionic can flash a GB based kernel after coming from an ICS based kernel. On the D4 you can't do that.

Last edited:

briguy503

Reaction score
nellj said:
It's very simple actually. Just use RSD and the .902 fxz to go back to .902 stock. Upgrade OTA.905 and flash the ICS. I just done it myself. I initially installed the first ICS leak, then went back to .902 and installed the latest .2233

Just want to let everyone one know that I to went back to .902 from the first 2231 leak. And then installed the 2233 leak, and it worked perfectly. I am glad I decided to take the plunge. I could not wait anymore for a stable ICS.

jickracer007

Reaction score
i am having a problem installung it.
i tried it from my safeside running Eclipse 3.0 should that be an isuue if im not on my unsafe side?