I was accidentally sent a Droid...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp4zZ

Reaction score
So last Friday I went into a local Verizon store to have my GF's Eris replaced.
They didn't have any in stock so they said they'd have one shipped to my house asap. Well it arrived today, but instead of sending an Eris, they sent me a Droid. They put in the wrong number and thought I was having my phone replaced. Not wanting to be charged for sending the wrong phone back, I went down to the store and explained to them what happened, they replaced the Eris on the spot and just told me to leave the Droid in the box and send it back.

Now my question is, can I buy a broken Droid off Craigslist or something and send it back and keep the replacement they sent, since technically I'm supposed to be returning a broken/malfunctioned phone? lol :p

J

Johnly

you are so lucky! the eris is small cackle's compared to the mighty droid! What? get on with it, you won!

OP
S

Sp4zZ

Reaction score
you are so lucky! the eris is small cackle's compared to the mighty droid! What? get on with it, you won!

I know! My GF would love to have the new Droid they sent me, I'm just curious if I"ll be able to send back a completely different Droid, I'm just not sure if when I went back to the store and they replaced the Eris, if they made a note stating that I'm sending back the Droid they accidentally sent me....if that makes any sense? lol

713King

Reaction score
why would you explain to them what happen, your gf got a better phone she should of kept the one they had sent and activate it?

OP
S

Sp4zZ

Reaction score
why would you explain to them what happen, your gf got a better phone she should of kept the one they had sent and activate it?

Because I was supposed to send back the defective Eris. On the return form it showed my phone number and my Droid as the one I was supposed to send back, I didn't want to send back the Eris and get charged the full amount for a new Droid since it wasn't the same phone on the form.

JimmyD

Reaction score
Hmmm... did that new Droid have a battery and micro SD card in it?

(By the way, I'm just asking the question.... not suggesting anything to you.... you do what you want with those items) :icon_ devil:

OP
S

Sp4zZ

Reaction score
Hmmm... did that new Droid have a battery and micro SD card in it?

(By the way, I'm just asking the question.... not suggesting anything to you.... you do what you want with those items) :icon_ devil:

No it did not :/

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Closing the thread. Thread doesn't meet Droid Forum standards. Essentially you're discussing ways to rip off Verizon from the opening post. That's something we don't want to get into in this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.