ChefGregg89

Reaction score
oh no im not about about sound and just want bootanimation with no sound

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So what exactly are you guys wanting? I downloaded the animation and can work with it to fit the Moto Droid. Add/remove stuff...etc.

mike919

Reaction score
So what exactly are you guys wanting? I downloaded the animation and can work with it to fit the Moto Droid. Add/remove stuff...etc.

Hey carlz... I downloaded the boot.zip from the link rpovided and extracted JUST the boot.zip minus the audio and that works the same as a normal boot switch.. if you downloaded this is there a way to change the openeing to MOTOROLA instead of incredible... and make it as smooth as your boot.zips??? the download provided is VERY grainy on my phone...

mike919

Reaction score
Android Central Forums - View Single Post - Droid Custom Boot Screen

Code:
adb push bootanimation.zip /data/local
adb push android_audio.mp3 /data/local

not the same audio file as video in op
Thats to get sound on the DI. If you look at the thread the post is in, it's under Droid Incredible.

So this is most likely not a hack for the Moto Droid.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong and have been able to get this working on our phones.

and you ARE correct... while the boot.zip will push, the audio will NOT.

mike919

Reaction score
ya i'm also not TOO fixated on the audio... although if it was figured out how to do so using the terminal rather easily i'd go for it... but CERTAINLY not begging for it.

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I remember awhile back someone pointed out something in one of the system files that showed sound on bootup was possible. Or at least the code was there to allow for it. I'm not sure if it was code by Google or Motorola.
Not sure if there was a certain driver needed for it to work or what the deal was, but in the code, the audio file was commented out.
Wish I could remember where the heck that was located.