I think someone should develop this app...

xxBJONES10xx

Reaction score
I think someone should develop an app that is similar to shazam but instead uses the phones video camera to record a segment out of a movie or tv show and it display the name of the movie or tv show.. i was just sitting here watchin a movie on tv and was like what is this called then i thought about shazam and i just thought it would be neat...

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
haha. good idea! im sure google goggles will eventually be able to do something like that!

wer you high when you came up with this?:)

sc4fpse

Reaction score
I think someone should develop an app that is similar to shazam but instead uses the phones video camera to record a segment out of a movie or tv show and it display the name of the movie or tv show.. i was just sitting here watchin a movie on tv and was like what is this called then i thought about shazam and i just thought it would be neat...

If you've got your phone, just open tvguide.com. Plug in your information, and then look at the current time slot for whatever channel you're watching.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
TVguide might work, but what if it's a video not from TV?

From a development standpoint, this project is MONSTROUS. The hardest part would be compiling a database of every video clip ever made. Then, designing a search engine to match up your uploaded video to that INCREDIBLY MONSTROUS database would be a feat perhaps only a massive supercomputer could accomplish...for one person every hour or so. I don't know if I'm expressing myself properly, but this idea would need A TON of resources. Only Google, IBM or some other huge company could even hope to accomplish this service. Yes, I think that music is much easier than video when it comes to this type of thing.

anj109

Reaction score
Digital Cable, digital satellite, Fios.... not sure when this app would ever be useful other than if you dont have these services, which I would think most smart phone owners would

pandroid

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Digital Cable, digital satellite, Fios.... not sure when this app would ever be useful other than if you dont have these services, which I would think most smart phone owners would

commercial

10char