I think RSDLite hates me... :'(

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
From everything I'm reading, RSD Lite 4.6 does not play very well on a 64 bit OS. And in reality it plays best on Win XP 32 bit. Not the answer you wanted, and there may still be hope for you to keep trying, but if you have access to a WinXP 32 bit machine, I think you will get a more harmonious outcome.

good luck

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
From everything I'm reading, RSD Lite 4.6 does not play very well on a 64 bit OS. And in reality it plays best on Win XP 32 bit. Not the answer you wanted, and there may still be hope for you to keep trying, but if you have access to a WinXP 32 bit machine, I think you will get a more harmonious outcome.

good luck

My screenshot was from my Win7 64bit system...with the correct driver RSDLite does work fine on 64bit.
I really see no reason why it isn't working for him... since now you are getting an INI file error, uninstall/delete everything, do a search & purge of any leftover traces of RSDLite, then reinstall RSDlite 4.6....try that....also when you go to launch RSDLite, right click and run as admin, if given the option.

OP
J

JRDroid

Reaction score
No access to an xp 32 bit machine, i do have a vista 32 bit machine, but all its usb ports are broken. Guess its time to get that computer fixed.

I will try the other thing above as well

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
The last two times I saw an error similar to that, it was b/c the person was using a USB port on their computer that was not USB 2.0. Try switching to another USB port and see what happens. You would think all new machines would only have USB 2.0, but evidently not.

Also, to run RSD as admin, you have to hold down shift and right click, then select "run as administrator". I believe that's the case whether you're the only profile on Win7 or not.

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
The last two times I saw an error similar to that, it was b/c the person was using a USB port on their computer that was not USB 2.0. Try switching to another USB port and see what happens. You would think all new machines would only have USB 2.0, but evidently not.

Also, to run RSD as admin, you have to hold down shift and right click, then select "run as administrator". I believe that's the case whether you're the only profile on Win7 or not.

Hmm, that might be my problem. I've plugged an Xbox controller in to charge it from my computer and it said something about it not being 2.0... which I thought was insane since this computer isn't that old. But anyways, is there anyway of checking if the USB ports are 2.0 or not?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmm, that might be my problem. I've plugged an Xbox controller in to charge it from my computer and it said something about it not being 2.0... which I thought was insane since this computer isn't that old. But anyways, is there anyway of checking if the USB ports are 2.0 or not?

Off the top of my head, maybe in the device manager where the drivers details are located? Just a guess, not on my Win7 machine at the moment.

EDIT: or, if you just use trial & error, and that warning message doesn't pop up, you might be good to go

OP
J

JRDroid

Reaction score
So i never was able to get it working on the windows 7 machine. I did stumble across an old lap top of my wife's from before we were married that i forgot we had. It runs XP 32 bit. I got everything up and running its flashing right now

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
So i never was able to get it working on the windows 7 machine. I did stumble across an old lap top of my wife's from before we were married that i forgot we had. It runs XP 32 bit. I got everything up and running its flashing right now
Fantastic!!... I was 'rooting' for ya...:wink:

OP
J

JRDroid

Reaction score
lol thanks, ya, i rooted my phone back in February and i just convinced my wife to let me do hers. This whole thing was way easier before 2.1

teddyearp

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Motorola Razr 5g Rooted
Glad you got 'er done. 'cough, cough . . winxp . . cough . . 32 bit . . cough . . rsd lite . . cough . . just works . . cough . . .cough . . .'