I think my GS5 hates me

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
or it's haunted LOL..I turn it on today and, on the front page, I notice right away I'm missing an icon. I can't think of which one at the moment which, in itself boggles my mind considering the number of times during the day I turn my phone on and of and off and on etc. You would THINK I'd pretty much have the lay of the land memorized after nearly a year. But tell me what's missing?? Blank. Why does it do this? It may be haunted. But it doesn't realize that being the obsessive compulsive that I am, I took screen shots of the house when everything is under control (at least once a week) and discovered my all time favorite DroidLite which is a wonderful freebie you can get here (one hellova bright flashlight. However did I not see it? Doh... MotoLight - Android Apps on Google Play

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
PS This happens about once a month for no apparent reason. It doesn't happen after reinstalling any app. Also, a different one is missing every time. It's spooky.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
So you telling us you no longer see the light ?

You are using stock launcher ?

6S PLUS

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
It can happen if your device turns on in your pocket, or you're carrying it and the screen is on. I don't know if the stock launcher does this as I haven't used it for two years, but if you're using a third party launcher simply lock your desktop and that will keep any of your icons from being removed, or moved around on your desktop.
a4052e77e1d39d28219844798c50de7f.jpg

S5 tap'n

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Mine does this too occasionally, must be an Android thing...

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I'm using the stock launcher.
There are so many great things about using a good 3rd party launcher like Nova, I'd give one a try to see if it solves your issue (I've never seen it happen). It's easy to switch back and forth without losing your stock launcher configuration until you decide if you want to stay with it, but I think once you play with all the great enhancements something like Nova gives you, you'll never go back!

Efin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I use Nova, and it happens to me, then again, with Nova I do a backup every time I make a change so it's pretty easy to run restore and get the item back if I forget what is was...

MattE303

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S5
I use Nova, and it happens to me, then again, with Nova I do a backup every time I make a change so it's pretty easy to run restore and get the item back if I forget what is was...
really? weird. same app as the OP? Is it a regular app shortcut, or a widget?

I just use the built-in Settings app "Flashlight" widget.

OP
Bluesman2008

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
As a "fix" I decided to just take a screen shot of every page. Now I don't have to search all over the place to figure out what I lost.