I Switched!

GreenAcid

Reaction score
So, I switched my Eris to the Droid. and OMG. I am LOVING this phone.

I bought the Dock, and the verizon case with the Chrome trimming, which BTW fits in the Dock, you just have to take the back case off, and i must say it looks stylish, chrome on chrome. i'll have to take a picture soon.

but wow. lol god I'm so happy i got rid of the Eris.

natediddy1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah man I would say there is a huge difference coming from Android 1.5 (or is it 1.6) to 2.0.1! But here soon you'll be receiving 2.1! So its just going to get better....Im glad to hear you like it and have fun with it, its a very powerful device...search the forums too learn how to get all kinds of goodies...

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Eris is supposed to get 2.* in the spring but even with that the Droid will be a better experience. It simply has a more powerful/faster processor and other nice(r) features. I would have gotten one for my fiance had she not wanted anything that required a data plan (she wouldn't use it). Welcome to the real Droid experience:motdroidvert::icon_ banana:.

Benton

Reaction score
Welcome to the Droid, it is a "sweet" device. Looking forward to your input soon.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm real glad that instict took over when I chose my Moto Droid over the Eris. I almost got the Eris based solely on the fact it was $100 cheaper. The Moto Droid is awesome and I know it was worth the extra $.

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP: congrats on moving over. just curious, what were your main gripes with the Eris?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Have to admit I was kind of dumb. Never heard of Eris but I loved the "Droid Does" commercials. That's why I looked at the MotoDroid. Big improvement over my BB Storm 2.

OP
GreenAcid

GreenAcid

Reaction score
OP: congrats on moving over. just curious, what were your main gripes with the Eris?

My main gripes with the Eris, was it was way too slow. I like to Multi-Task, and the Eris couldn't handle that. At first it could, but as I put on applications and custom stuff, it just slowed down over time.

also, I Switched from an EnV Touch, and didn't realize how much I relied on the physical keyboard.

fLiP SiD3

Reaction score
My fiance has the ERIS and it is by far slower and feels and looks different to me too. I am glad I got my MOTOROLA DROID , I love this thing.......I look at people with iPHONES and I am like "MY PHONE IS BETTER THAN YOURS"