I really wanted to hate this ROM...

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I am really a stock vanilla android kind of person... or so I thought. I have been on either CM or Petes ROMs almost from the start but I was looking for something a little different to see me through until my next phone.

This ROM just plain WORKS! Fast, Smooth and Highly Polished!

I got off to a somewhat rocky start a few days ago just trying out MIUI. I DL from ROM Manager and right off had force closes with EVERY button I pushed so I went back to my CM7 nightly. My curiosity got the best of me and a day or so ago I DL from the MIUI site to my computer and placed the zip on my SD. Last night I decided I finally had time to gop through the set up and learning curve and flashed MIUI.

WOW!

As long as battery life is good (I'll get a chance to check it out today) I'll be with MIUI for a while!

BTW I am on Build # 108050 is that the current?

chewy74

Reaction score
The current build is 1.9.23 with is due out soon and delayed because of a last minute bug.

magiman7

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
1.9.23 could be a little while, you can use 1.9.16 for now. I don't think there have been many complaints about it. Depending on what is needed to fix 1.9.23, it may require a patch from China which may never come this week :( I have it all ready to go, but w/o it detecting the sdcard, that kind of hinders its usefulness

OP
SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I tried to register or log in to my MIUI "account" with no luck and was referred to the MIUI site with still no instructions for logging in to my "account" I would assume my ID and password are the same as my Google account since this is the only info MIUI would have on me (I hope)

OP
SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Just finished flashing 1.9.16 and moved most apps to SD... Wish I would have know this last night... without the Google Set Up Wizzard I ended up installing all my apps manually from the Market via my computer.

Oh well... time well spent IMO

I now have two versions of SU one in "Tools" and one that came with 1.9.16 can I get rid of one?

chewy74

Reaction score
Delete the SU that did not come with the rom. The su that came with miui is a modified version specifically modified for miui.

After you are set go into the su settings and toggle to allow apps root

OP
SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Delete the SU that did not come with the rom. The su that came with miui is a modified version specifically modified for miui.

After you are set go into the su settings and toggle to allow apps root

I think both SUs came with MIUI one with the previous version (1.8.5) that I mistakenly installed last night that is in the "Tools" folder/app along with calculator, monitor, backup, clock and updater. Then when I flashed 1.9.16 another SU app showed up on it's own on the regular app screens

chewy74

Reaction score
Try rebooting to see if it disappears

OP
SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Try rebooting to see if it disappears

I'll give it a try... Just noticed a problem that could be a deal breaker for me...

In Google calendar when I enter an address under "Where" it shows up as a link in the event on the phone that when you touch the link maps opens and shows the address... doesn't seem to work with this ROM. Same for phone numbers that appear as links in calendar links do nothing.

EDIT: Re-boot did nothing but I did notice the stand alone SU has no apps in it's permissions list so I'll get rid of that one.

Going back to 1.8.5 to see if the links work on that and if not I'll have to go back to CM7 for now. I need the maps and phone link functions to operate properly for work tomorrow!

Last edited:

chewy74

Reaction score
I would wipe everything and start from scratch rather than flashing over 1.8.5

OP
SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Just found another issue... ROM manager would not enter "Backup Current ROM" or "Reboot Into Recovery" from the app... had to use the power off menu to boot into recovery. Doing a nandriod now.

chewy74

Reaction score
Ate you sure su gave rom manager root access? If you got a dup su app installed I would imagine its causing issues for apps requiring root.

Also I tested links for my calendar and address links opened maps and telephone numbers opened phone. So as I suggested before, try wiping and starting from scratch

OP
SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Ate you sure su gave rom manager root access? If you got a dup su app installed I would imagine its causing issues for apps requiring root.

Also I tested links for my calendar and address links opened maps and telephone numbers opened phone. So as I suggested before, try wiping and starting from scratch

No time for trouble shooting last night... had to be ready to roll 6 AM. I'll give it another go when I get a chance... I did wipe Data, Cache and Dalvic 4 times each before flashing 1.8.5 but not between that and 1.9.16, I'll start with a clean slate next chance I get.

Thanks for helping through this issue!

OP
SnoDrtRider

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
Just wanted to update... Finally have time to go through and set up this ROM so I wiped Data, Cache and Dalvic 4X and installed. Calendar links work correctly and most apps restored themselves. Now the process of organizing everything the way I want it.:blink:

Thanks again Chewy

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Btw have you checked out all the themes yet? While the names and all the text appear in Chinese in the previews when installed they actually use whatever your default language choice is...all the themes for this rom are one of the biggest advantages, not to mention the customization possible with them is astounding...this is why I keep coming back to this despite simply stunning rom being faster and having more setting options