I may have found 4G toggle?

lantzalot

Reaction score
How do you know if you have toggled off 4G on the Thunderbolt? Will it no longer show "4G LTE" next to the signal bars? If that's accurate and that indicates coming off the 4G network then I think I have found a built in widget that lets you do it. I don't necessarily consider myself tech-savvy because I think I more or less stumbled on it while experimenting with the features of the phone. Let me know if I'm not on the right track here or if I'm wasting anyone's time. I will post how to do it if anyone thinks that if the "4G" indicator is off that your are, in fact off the 4G network. Thanks.

meepstone

Reaction score
My understanding is if it doesnt say 4g lte then your not connected to the network for 4g at all

OP
L

lantzalot

Reaction score
Home-->Menu-->Personalize-->Widget-->Settings-->Mobile Network

Add the widget, then you can toggle. I apologize in advance if this has already been tried. When I use this widget to toggle 4G, my notification bar no longer shows "4G". Let me know if I'm on the right track. Thanks.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
I think that just toggles all mobile data. Meaning 4g, 3g, and 1x all turn on and off. Not just 4g. WiFi should still work though.

Sent from my ADR6400L

joewilly013

Reaction score
What you found is actually the toggle for mobile network on/off, not 4G vs 3G.

As far as a 4g toggle, the "phone info" app let's users change the preferred network settings to CDMA only which effectively is a 4G / 3G toggle for now

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums App

OP
L

lantzalot

Reaction score
I think that just toggles all mobile data. Meaning 4g, 3g, and 1x all turn on and off. Not just 4g. WiFi should still work though.

Sent from my ADR6400L

Yep, I believe you are correct. Rats. Sorry and thanks.

sik

Reaction score
The way to shut off 4g was found already in dialer type *#*#4636#*#* go into phone info and switch to cdma only :)

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Yup. Dialing *#*#4636#*#* brings you to the same menu as the phone info app. Select "cdma auto (prl) and you'll be golden.

Sent from my ADR6400L

alboboy10

Reaction score
Don't need to turn off 4g anymore. With the big battery I've been using the phone on 4g for 31 hours still have 35% left. No need to turn it off, this is perfect.

First charge of phone. Should only get better.

TRIKOTRET

Reaction score
Don't need to turn off 4g anymore. With the big battery I've been using the phone on 4g for 31 hours still have 35% left. No need to turn it off, this is perfect.

First charge of phone. Should only get better.

Damn how big is the battery

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums