I Have Now Received Two New Defective DroidX Cell Phones From Verizon

JonathanF

Reaction score
On Thursday, July 15, right after midnight I ordered the new DroidX Cell Phone from the Verizon Wireless Internet Website.

I received the new DroidX Cell Phone on Friday, July 16.

The DroidX worked perfectly except that it had Dead Pixels in only the Camera and Camcorder Applications.

I then called Verizon Wireless and they sent me a new replacement Droidx Cell Phone which I received on Wednesday, July 28.

It was great at the time since I received the new replacement DroidX Cell Phone seven days before the anticipated August 03 date.

My new replacement DroidX Cell Phone has a very small dent like a impact hole on the back of the main unit.

I noticed the dent as I was unpacking the new replacement DroidX Cell Phone.

I did not even activate the new replacement Droidx Cell Phone since I noticed the dent right away.

I was assured by Verizon Wireless that I was to receive a new replacement DroidX cell phone.

I then called Verizon Wireless and they are now going to send a another new replacement DroidX Cell Phone which they said I would receive the earliest by August 05.

I do not know how a new replacement DroidX Cell Phone can have a dent on back side if it is totally brand new and not refurbished, although Verizon Wireless assued me agian that they are only sending out new replacement DroidX Cell Phones at this time.

Any Comments?

Jonathan
:icon_evil:

brian4120

Reaction score
Since this phone was just released I would doubt that they would send you a refurbished model.

nerdbox08

Reaction score
It was shipped to you, is it possible it could have happened in transit?

ChugIt

Reaction score
I think this was just terribly unfortunate bad luck. I'm a huge fan of Android phones (As are all of you except you iLurkers, trolls, etc.

One would be ignorant to assume that every single phone issued is going to be great and working well with no issues. You could expect nearly all to be that way, but the fact is mistakes DO happen. Keeping those mistakes to a minimum is the key (Insert an iphone 4 joke here, nah...no need). All electronic equipment that is massed produced has SOME bad units shipped on accident. I am pretty much 99.9% positive they didn't ship you a refurbished phone, being as the X is brand new. It could have happened in production/shipping, and I'm pretty certain it did.

My advice: Enjoy the new X when it arrives. Surely your luck can't be THAT bad.
Also you should probably not buy any lottery tickets. :)

rcjames

Reaction score
On Thursday, July 15, right after midnight I ordered the new DroidX Cell Phone from the Verizon Wireless Internet Website.

The DroidX worked perfectly except that it had Dead Pixels in only the Camera and Camcorder Applications.

I then called Verizon Wireless and they sent me a new replacement Droidx Cell Phone which I received on Wednesday, July 28.

It was great at the time since I received the new replacement DroidX Cell Phone seven days before the anticipated August 03 date.

My new replacement DroidX Cell Phone has a very small dent like a impact hole on the back of the main unit.

I did not even activate the new replacement Droidx Cell Phone since I noticed the dent right away.

I was assured by Verizon Wireless that I was to receive a new replacement DroidX cell phone.

I then called Verizon Wireless and they are now going to send a another new replacement DroidX Cell Phone which they said I would receive the earliest by August 05.

I do not know how a new replacement DroidX Cell Phone can have a dent on back side if it is totally brand new and not refurbished, although Verizon Wireless assued me agian that they are only sending out new replacement DroidX Cell Phones at this time.

Any Comments?

Jonathan

[/QU

Dude don't order from the website go to a local verizon store next time.
Why? If i order a verizon phone from the website, i'm not able to get service at a verizon store. At a verizon store i believe you get 30 days warranty with that store and if they see a problem they'll replace it in no time. Except right now its hard but when its availble i'm getting a droid x from verizon store. So if its defective i simply go back to the store either they fix it or they replace it same moment i'm there.

My 2 cent next time if you get another phone.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
If i order a verizon phone from the website, i'm not able to get service at a verizon store. At a verizon store i believe you get 30 days warranty with that store and if they see a problem they'll replace it in no time. Except right now its hard but when its availble i'm getting a droid x from verizon store. So if its defective i simply go back to the store either they fix it or they replace it same moment i'm there.

Ordering Online and taking the device to a corp store for a problem is no different than buying the device from the corp store.

ChugIt

Reaction score
If i order a verizon phone from the website, i'm not able to get service at a verizon store. At a verizon store i believe you get 30 days warranty with that store and if they see a problem they'll replace it in no time. Except right now its hard but when its availble i'm getting a droid x from verizon store. So if its defective i simply go back to the store either they fix it or they replace it same moment i'm there.

Ordering Online and taking the device to a corp store for a problem is no different than buying the device from the corp store.

Yea I scratched my head on that one too. IF there is a replacement phone available in a store you will get one even if you ordered online. Also, ordering online usually has more offers such as rebates and upgrade discounts from time to time. Buying it in the store and online have the exact same 30 day warranty too.

thelion

Reaction score

Any Comments?

Jonathan

When I received my replacement (loose keys) yesterday, I immediately called to see if it was refurb or new. It came in a plain white box and was just the phone - no battery, memory card or battery door. I was advised by my contact in the exec offices that they do not even have refurb units yet. They are, however, sending out these shells as replacements as they can be fulfilled faster (separate stock).

Sounds like yours was either damaged in shipping or in manufacture.

lanolar

Reaction score
The dead pixel issue is from the application, not the screen FYI.

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3
Whatever the problem with the first one was, it wasn't dead pixels. Dead pixels don't discriminate; they're either dead for everything or they're not. You may have had a stuck pixel or two, or what's referred to as a "dot defect", but regardless if it's a pixel problem, it will be noticeable in all applications, not just a couple. (you may not notice it if it's a dead pixel, meaning it's always black, and you have a black background in that area of your screen; but it's still there...if you truly had something visually wrong in only those two apps and nothing else, it wasn't pixel-related with the screen)

Not that this helps...lol. Good luck with the 3rd one. If you have an issue with your 3rd one, then there must be something causing problems; an environmental source or something, there's just no way you'd get three damaged Droid Xs in a row.

pamupnorth22

Reaction score
i just sent one back yesterday without activating it. it arrived in an open hacked up box and the phone was falling out. i think an expensive phone like this should wrapped and sealed as well as the motorola box it's shipped in. how do you evenknow that it wasnt manhandled by someone at fedex??

rcjames

Reaction score

Yea I scratched my head on that one too. IF there is a replacement phone available in a store you will get one even if you ordered online. Also, ordering online usually has more offers such as rebates and upgrade discounts from time to time. Buying it in the store and online have the exact same 30 day warranty too.

Yea earlier i talked to verizon at clovis ca and you guys are right.
The lady i talked to a week ago or so told me about that if i order
online i wont get service at their store. Might wasn't a corp? Or
a lady that doesn't know much. Oh well you guys are right i'm sorry.

Do you guys know if it become a external harddrive by connecting the droid x to pc? Also there is a mini usb i believe would i be able to connect my other external hdd to it and watch vid i have on it? I know miniusb is to connect ur phone to ur pc to flash or tethering or download apt but am i able to use it as external harddrive?

phillyphill39

Reaction score
Whatever the problem with the first one was, it wasn't dead pixels. Dead pixels don't discriminate; they're either dead for everything or they're not. You may have had a stuck pixel or two, or what's referred to as a "dot defect", but regardless if it's a pixel problem, it will be noticeable in all applications, not just a couple. (you may not notice it if it's a dead pixel, meaning it's always black, and you have a black background in that area of your screen; but it's still there...if you truly had something visually wrong in only those two apps and nothing else, it wasn't pixel-related with the screen)

Not that this helps...lol. Good luck with the 3rd one. If you have an issue with your 3rd one, then there must be something causing problems; an environmental source or something, there's just no way you'd get three damaged Droid Xs in a row.

yeah its just the native camera app that has the problem. my droid x has the problem and i called vzw to have it replaced. then i looked on the forums and notice it was just the app so i tried a different camera app and they arent there. but vzw still sent out the phone. they said they would only charge me the 262 for it. so im debating on weather or not i should just keep it and have to new droid x's.

bigdog9586

Reaction score

You are so right. I went to V store and all they did was order me one to be delivered to my home but they have been very good on a couple things I needed help with when I went back after receiving it. NO one asked me where I got it from.