I have been searching for an answer to my Java problem!

chrisusa96

Reaction score
From all the searching in forums and and web sites I can not find out a clear answer. The Droid 2 and Android phones for that fact can run Java scripts from web sites!? From what I read this is true, right? There is a Java setting in the browser setting and it is checked. Well 2 sites I use and use a lot on a PC is copart.com and a web site from honeywell that allows me to view the Key pad on my home security system on screen to arm and disarm. Both site's key features are a java based pop up screen. The screens pop up but stay blank on my Droid. On the PC I see the Java loading logo then magic happens.

What am I missing? Is there a more advanced java script that the droid can not do? I have seen these 2 sites both work on an Iphone so I know they will work on mobile devices.

Can anyone enlighten me? I feel like a complete Idiot!

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
From all the searching in forums and and web sites I can not find out a clear answer. The Droid 2 and Android phones for that fact can run Java scripts from web sites!? From what I read this is true, right? There is a Java setting in the browser setting and it is checked. Well 2 sites I use and use a lot on a PC is copart.com and a web site from honeywell that allows me to view the Key pad on my home security system on screen to arm and disarm. Both site's key features are a java based pop up screen. The screens pop up but stay blank on my Droid. On the PC I see the Java loading logo then magic happens.

What am I missing? Is there a more advanced java script that the droid can not do? I have seen these 2 sites both work on an Iphone so I know they will work on mobile devices.

Can anyone enlighten me? I feel like a complete Idiot!

Why do you feel like an idiot? It's not your fault.

Yes Droid does Java. In your settings on the browser is enable plug ins set for always? Mine isn't but that's for a reason. If yours isn't try that setting and see if that doesn't help.

OP
C

chrisusa96

Reaction score
I feel like an idiot because I have searched for about 2 weeks and can not find anything. I thought some one would have posted something about it some where on the great W.W.W.

yes plug ins is always on in my settings. I keep going back to my settings but other than the java and plug ins I am not sure what else there would be to turn on. I even turned on pop-ups because they are pop up windows that come up.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never had a java issue. Sorry, that was all I could think of.

Previous poster said Droid gets a #fail in the Java testing area.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Java is NOT the same thing as JavaScript. Android can't run Java applets.

The weird thing is: neither can the iphone yet you say you've seen Java on the iphone. Perhaps there are iphone versions of those sites. Clear your cookies and try the iphone user agent setting in dolphin hd.

Another browser to try is opera mini as it doesn't use webkit to display pages.

OP
C

chrisusa96

Reaction score
After looking into the honeywell total connect it is an iphone app so that is why it works so must be for the copart site also.