I dont know how you do it...... you guys are awesome

blk-jk23

Reaction score
i really.. have been reading all these post..

and i cannot fit into the loop of what in the hell yall are doing lol

my droid comes in tommrow.. and i played with them alot.

but reading your post.... about changing voltage and kernels and overclocking and rooting and this and that..

were in the world does a newb begin,.

what do i do first....... than second.. then yada yada yada.

i cant find out were to start....ive dam near read the whole forum.. and i must say you guys know yout **** quite well :D

thanks to those ive asked questions to...

now were do i begin....................! :icon_ banana:

cody

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Seems like you've already begun : )

I have to agree there is a lot of info here and it can get overwhelming but if you ever find yourself confused or needing help there are PLENTY of aesome members here to help you on your way.

So good luck and welcome aboard.

I hope the site continues to be a useful resource for you for a long time.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
:welcome: to the forum. Start by just getting to know your stock phone first then when you feel you want to do something else with it, do some reading in the hacks area and keep in mind we are always around to help.:)

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's a process that's for sure.... Welcome to the Forum.

Droidfish

Reaction score
I would recommend spending some time learning the ins and outs of your device before modding anything. Have an understanding of what you are trying to do before you even start.

Stick around this forum because when you are ready to mod it has all the info you need to get started over in the hacks section and plenty of people on here around the clock that are friendly and plenty helpful.

Above all read and reread everything with patience because you will find that most problems come from overlooking small details.

Welcome, see you around the forums!

OP
B

blk-jk23

Reaction score
thanks guys!

some of you are way to dam smart! :D

im gonna get to know this thing in and out

serika

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums man! I can say, I was first scared to root my droid and all, and I kept waiting for the 2.1 OTA, and you know how that went :p I really liked my droid stock at first, but of course you'll start to want more stuff, and when I couldn't wait for 2.1 any longer, I learned how to root my phone using droidmod. After a while, I learned how to load roms(ultimatedroid), and i've been so friggen happy with my droid.

I definitely advise you to get used to your phone first as it is, then when you feel like you want more, check out this thread: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/hacking-help/28436-complete-how-how-mod-your-phone-2-1-rom-o-c-mm-boot-animation-etc.html

Reaction score
:welcome: to the forums! Rule of Thumb: always do a nandroid backup before you change anything.

*psst* don't post before searching cause the mods will bite your head off XD

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would recommend spending some time learning the ins and outs of your device before modding anything. Have an understanding of what you are trying to do before you even start.

+1. Make sure you understand what's normal for your Droid by playing with it for a a week or two before you start to hack at it. After that, it's all a function of how comfortable you feel with it and a computer, and you can go any number of ways.

Sodner

Reaction score
Welcome!

Don't fear rooting. As everyone says, once your used to your stock DROID and are looking for something different, read up and go for it. I'm no phone wizard and the directions and ROMS and apps available on here really do make all of it super simple. The biggest choice will be which ROM, and from my experiences there's no wrong answer to that questions. I've loved DroidMod 1.0 and am now loving Bugless Beast v.8.

Sit back and enjoy the ride.

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
It takes a lot of slacking off, drinking (no modding during that time), and perserverance, but in the end we become awesome :icon_ devil:

Welcome.

Don't worry about rooting, you'll do it when you become comfortable. I've OC'd just about every computer I have, yet I have not yet touched my Droid. Likely will do after this weekends OTA though, have to see.

Stay, learn, and be merry!

YasminTiara

Reaction score
Once your used to your stock DROID and are looking for something different, read up and go for it.

devildog9999

Reaction score
I know exactly where you are coming from. I spent WEEKS lurking and reading and learning before I even touched a droid. When I got mine, I then took a couple of weeks learning the damn thing inside out before attempting any type of root or hack.
Things I learned along the way:
1.) Be ANAL about always backing up.
2.) Create a VERY CLEAR and easy folder structure to keep track of what you have downloaded. Use Notepad or word to create a document "reminding" you of what each folder holds and what it is used for.
3.) Be ANAL about always backing up.
4.) Do not be afraid to ask questions, but try to search (I mean really try) first. Most of the members here have been where you are now, and remember the fear and frustration quite well, and so are willing to help out as much and as often as possible.

Welcome, Enjoy the forum, and support the devs. :)