I can't take it anymore! Anyone else having this problem?

rtlange268

Reaction score
I got my Droid in December and in the 6 months that I've had it my audio player has "erased" the playlists that I have setup for the songs that I have multiple times. When I say "erease" I mean that the playlists I create will randomly dissapear and I'll have to start all over again going through my songs in order to make new playlists. The first time this bothered me but I got over and made new playlists, the second time did the same thing, third time did the same thing, fourth time did the same thing... but it happened to me again today on the way home from work and I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE. The iPhone never randomly erases created playlists, but this flaw in the Droid software has really started to get underneath my skin (the reason for posting this right now). Has anyone else had this problem? And if so is there a way to make it so that my Droid doesn't erase the playlists that I make? I keep all of my music on my Droid so it really is a pain in the $% to go through the entire song list just to make another playlist to replace the one that was erased (please take note Motorola)

Thanks in advance for the responses!

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've had this happen a few times, but not consistently.

There is an app called MyBackUpPro that backs up all your apps and settings, but it also has the feature to back up your Music Playlists! It's a good workaround that is good way to restore playlists without taking the pain staking time to go thru song by song.

Brewskibc

Reaction score

There is an app called MyBackUpPro that backs up all your apps and settings, but it also has the feature to back up your Music Playlists! It's a good workaround that is good way to restore playlists without taking the pain staking time to go thru song by song.

Ugh - please - is ther droid all about work arounds? Is this a phone with software for apps or a bug laiden hand held piece of junk?

I just got th Ally and can't wait to go to Verizon and throw it in their face!! This phone sucks!! How do you call something a phone that doesn't have speed dial and the battery only lasts 12 hrs?

Last edited by a moderator:

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
There are also free players that will play music by the folder.

Sent from my Droid using TARDIStalk

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ugh - please - is ther droid all about work arounds? Is this a phone with software for apps or a bug laiden hand held piece of junk?

I just got th Ally and can't wait to go to Verizon and throw it in their face!! This phone sucks!! How do you call something a phone that doesn't have speed dial and the battery only lasts 12 hrs?
Speed dial is available for Android handsets. Check the app store. Android is about open source, so it comes bare bones and allows total customization by the user, direct opposite of Apples iron clad environment. You can also set icons for one touch dialing to contacts.

12 hours for battery? Lots of things can attribute to this. Do you have apps syncing constantly? How heavy of usage is going on? Constant data streaming? Lots of phone calls?

Android is not all about work arounds. It just a benefit of open source that when a unique issue is found, there are options available.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Droid isn't all about work arounds. I can't think of a single thing I need to work around. Its for people who want to take control of their smart phone. And it isn't for everybody.

I'm sorry OP if your playlist got deleted somehow. I wouldn't have put a playlist on my Droid that I didn't have backed up. That's not a work around, that's common sense.

OP
R

rtlange268

Reaction score

Thanks for the response I'll have to check that out before creating another playlist

The Droid isn't all about work arounds. I can't think of a single thing I need to work around. Its for people who want to take control of their smart phone. And it isn't for everybody.

I'm sorry OP if your playlist got deleted somehow. I wouldn't have put a playlist on my Droid that I didn't have backed up. That's not a work around, that's common sense.

Really? It's the software itself that doesn't have common sense when something as sophisticated as a Motorola Droid can't do something as simple as maintain a music playlist after being created by the user. Like I said before, the iPhone doesn't have problems like that (at least from my experience owning generations of iPods), but apparently the Droid has that issue and should probably be looked into and fixed in a future update before more people start getting annoyed at the problem and switch over to iPhone.

[email protected]

Reaction score
Me too

I have the same issue with my Droid X - didn't have it with my Droid.

All my music is backed up, of course, but not sure how the playlists are stored.

The strange thing is that I'll put 5 or 6 songs in each playlist and leave it that way for several days, to make sure they aren't going to go away. After they aren't deleted for several days, I'll decide the problem is gone and spend the time to put more and more songs in playlists.

Eventually POOF all my playlists are empty!

I hope someone has the answer to this one!

sugarnova

Reaction score
Same thing here. MyBackup Pro has been good for me.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bman4775

Reaction score
I recently bought a LG Revolution and am unable to keep songs in playlists. After I disconnect the usb connection from my laptop (first switching from mass storage mode to charge only before physically disconnecting), the phone does the media scan of the SD card and deletes all the songs from all playlists that I have created. Playlists remain with the same names but have no songs.

I have around 15GB of mp3's in a folder on the SD card. I also tried MixZing and the exact same thing happened to playlists created with that application. Called Verizon technical support and they said there was no known issue, therefore they were of no help.