I am screwed

jbw52

Reaction score
I need help. I installed and rooted my Droid 1 using Easy Root and all went fine. I then flashed the Sapphire 1.0 Rom and that too was successful. The problem is that Easy Root says I am rooted, but Rom Manager no longer works. I get "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands", so I can't do anything in Rom Manager. I really need to get back to a stock 2.2 because I am having some problems with cell reception and I can't go to Verizon with my phone in this state.

Can anyone help me with this. I am a noob when it comes to hacking the Droid, but I am an IT professional, so the hacking thing is not intimidating to me.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I need help. I installed and rooted my Droid 1 using Easy Root and all went fine. I then flashed the Sapphire 1.0 Rom and that too was successful. The problem is that Easy Root says I am rooted, but Rom Manager no longer works. I get "an error occurred while attempting to run privileged commands", so I can't do anything in Rom Manager. I really need to get back to a stock 2.2 because I am having some problems with cell reception and I can't go to Verizon with my phone in this state.

Can anyone help me with this. I am a noob when it comes to hacking the Droid, but I am an IT professional, so the hacking thing is not intimidating to me.

Try uninstalling and reinstalling Rom manager. I have gotten that message before and that did the trick for me. Hope that works for you too.

sent from the great depths of my phones internet (thanks Al Gore)

ndhill1976

Reaction score
Go into the superuser app and see if ROM Manager has superuser permissions.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
id try the uninstall of RM to see if that fixes the problem

OP
J

jbw52

Reaction score
I am now at stock 2.0.1. When I tried option 2 in the above guide I got stuck at the M when it rebooted. Is there any other way to get to 2.1?

Never mind, I got it. I reflashed to 2.0.1 and then found a stock 2.1 to flash.

OP
J

jbw52

Reaction score
I am now at stock 2.1, unrooted. Thanks to all that have helped me. After following the link that MWHARTMAN gave me I was able to get back to stock 2.0.1. I then downloaded a stock 2.1 update.zip, went into recovery and loaded that. I am now good.

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad you got things worked out. Now, your fun begins with installing different roms and themes. Just make a backup before you make changes and you'll be fine.

Mike

Sending you a PM JBW52

wfcaughey

Reaction score
Once in Easy Root pres the menu button on the Droid and select re-root. I had the same issue and this worked for me