Huge Compilation of April Fool's Jokes From Across The Web

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's April Fool's Day, and you know what that means... a seemingly endless stream of silly pranks will be played on suspecting victims across the web. Rather than play a joke on you guys ourselves, we decided to share a big compilation of them. We will kick it off with a really silly one from Google called Google Cardboard Plastic Actual Reality Headset. The rest were compiled over at BGR. Some of these are really funny!

Apple
Apple may not be looking to prank anyone today, as it celebrates 40 years of being in business. Nonetheless, a pirate flag can be seen outside its headquarters in Cupertino, California (via 9to5Mac).

apple-flag-40-years.jpg

Google
The search giant has a bunch of pranks in the works today, in addition to the now-infamous Gmail Mic Drop.

google-gmail-drop-mic-april-fools-prank.gif

In Inbox, you can use Smart Emoji replies. Just try to reply to a message and you might get something like this:

google-april-fools-inbox.gif

The emoji revolution isn’t quite done for Google. Inside Photos, you’ll be able to search by emoji, as long as those emoji are dogs.

Google Maps has a Funky Town to explore today. You can “Explore Funky Town” both online and offline, and it looks something like this (via Android Police):

google-april-fools-google-maps.png

Furthermore, inside Google Maps, you’ll find a new pegman in the main interface (via Slashgear).

google-april-fools-google-maps-2.jpg

Google Cardboard fans will finally be able to explore actual reality with Cardboard Plastic. Just put it on, and you’ll see the entire world around you just as you would by not using it.

Google’s Nat and Lo, meanwhile, reveal that that Google’s Quantum AI Lab has discovered a small ball of yarn. You know string. For cats. Check out the video.

Heavy Bubbles
You know the Mountain from Game of Thrones, right? You’ll definitely love his Heavy Bubbles water then.

Lexus

The automaker wants to connect man and woman to machine. Meet V-LCRO for Lexus vehicles.

Lyft
Alternative taxi app Lyft has figured out a Prank Mode ride for April Fools’. Just request a prank mode for your friends, and you might get something like this:

Razer
We’re used to seeing mostly gaming-related products from Razer. But this changes today, as the company shared details about a Project Breadwinner. Yes, it’s a toaster that has led lights, a Razer logo, and what look like headphone jacks.

Samsung
Forget the Internet of Things — Samsung this year launched the Internet of Trousers. That’s probably because you can’t have enough smart pants around the house. You can expect features like Wi-Fly, Get Up alert, and Keep-Your-Pants-On mode.

Samsung also teased a Galaxy S8 the other day, but we all know why that happened.

samsung-april-fools-internet-of-trousers.jpg

Sony
Sony has come up with an amazing prank this year. It made the first ghost-catching device, a gadget that Ghostbusters fans will appreciate. Check it out below:

Tesla
Forget the hugely popular Tesla Model 3 that’s selling like hot cakes. Tesla has a Model W for you. A wristwatch.

tesla-april-fools-model-w.jpg

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Now my interest is peaked. You could always post a link and disclaimer "view at your own risk". I just checked their website and didn't see anything.... or was it through an email/Twitter etc advert?

S5 tap'n

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Twitter, yes. It's not TERRIBLY off-color, but fellow staff, please feel free to remove this post if it's deemed inappropriate before I get a chance to delete it. ;)

Just think about other things you might wrap...

SlickWraps on Twitter

Reactions: cr6

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
Haha. I'd buy some.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
There's a video ad somewhere as well. Not sure if it's on the site linked in the Tweet. I saw the video tweeted separately.

Mustang02

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P/5X
I never got into the April fools thing.

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I did once. Replaced the sugar with salt. Nobody used it for a few days. Dad was not amused.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk