Huge battery problem

DROOIID

Reaction score
These last two builds I have been getting terrible battery life. The two processes that are killing battery are "android systems " and "launcher." All of my settings and profiles are the same as previous builds and I am underclocked. If anyone has a fix please share, if not I hope this gets fixed on this next build.

nu2droid

Reaction score
For me, it was "android system", "phone idle" and "maps".
I use ADW so the launcher uses little. Mine improved some by going to chevys med volt 1.2 kernel. Like I said, some. But these are still the most drain.
Just my 2 cents.

Oh yeh, do you or anyone know how to kill the "maps" process. I leave gps off and only turn it on when I need it. Is there a way to kill it in between.

Last edited:
OP
DROOIID

DROOIID

Reaction score
For me, it was "android system", "phone idle" and "maps".
I use ADW so the launcher uses little. Mine improved some by going to chevys med volt 1.2 kernel. Like I said, some. But these are still the most drain.
Just my 2 cents.

Oh yeh, do you or anyone know how to kill the "maps" process. I leave gps off and only turn it on when I need it. Is there a way to kill it in between.

Yes actually I think this works ... go to the monitor app then click on the firewall tab, and set up a firewall for maps. Should stop it from connecting. If that doesn't work search for an app on the market to freeze it, there is a good free one that works awesome. Search "freeze app" to find it

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I just freeze maps with titanium backup, but it may only be an option for users that purchase the pro license. An investment which still is paying returns.
Money well spent as zero buyers remorse.
There are several free ones on the market.
Maybe search freeze and root together in the market, or exchange manage for root.

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs

nu2droid

Reaction score
I use the freeze for other apps, and your right completely worth it. I was hoping to just turn off the process without having to kill the whole app.
Thanks

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I use the freeze for other apps, and your right completely worth it. I was hoping to just turn off the process without having to kill the whole app.
Thanks

Then maybe you want to look at something like autorun manager I think. With the advanced options,possibly only usable only with donate version, you can disable maps from launching upon certain triggers and yet keep the box checked for when you actually press the maps icon.

It runs normally due to location services used by other apps, which in reality still get the info they need when maps is frozen or uninstalled.

I think it is mainly only effecting those of us with the OG, as most of the rest now have much much more RAM available?

walkin the walk while tappin the talk
danceswithbongs