HTC's Financials are Getting Worse; Things Look Very Grim and Investors are Bailing

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Let me see if I can help out HTC.

1) stop putting undersized batteries in your phone.

2) drop hboot and the HTC dev and go nexus style with a simple recovery and the ability to unlock and relock the boot loader.

3) Do like motorola and scale your interface down to where it is basically a theme and not a resource hog.

4) use some metal

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

4shlr

Reaction score
Seems like HTC is trying to get themselves back in the game this fall with their 5" "phablet" device coming to vzw. The benchmarks blew away any current phone available, including the GS3. Looks like vzw may be trying to get all us who have an upgrade from our Thunderbolts with this device. I'm interested...

acousticshade

Reaction score
pc747 said:
Let me see if I can help out HTC.

1) stop putting undersized batteries in your phone.

2) drop hboot and the HTC dev and go nexus style with a simple recovery and the ability to unlock and relock the boot loader.

3) Do like motorola and scale your interface down to where it is basically a theme and not a resource hog.

4) use some metal

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

1) HTC radios are usually excellent & one reason is because they don't use metal. I'd rather have connectivity than metal. So would a lot of ppl.

2) some ppl like sense & some ppl hate blur. There are some things I like about sense, but I do hate that its a resource hog. Personally, I dislike blur. Again, I don't think that's going to change the minds of many buyers.

3) Never understood the HTC battery thing. I really don't think it would be that difficult to increase the battery size by 10%-15% to be on par with most other phones.

trestevenson

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei Nexus 6P
tjk629 said:
Though, Verizon did really push the Rhyme. For whatever reason.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Droid Forums

The Rhyme...I'd almost completely forgotten about that device! I have yet to see one out in the wild, which says a lot considering the amount of buzz they tried to generate around its release.