HTC_IME v27 Custom Force Close on BB 0.2.1

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I am currently running bb 0.2.1 froyo with chevy's low voltage 1 ghz kernel. Ever since I discovered the HTC_IME keyboard way back in December I have absolutely loved it and it is stayed on my phone. The problem now is that v27 of HTC_IME won't work for some reason. I created a sweet custom keyboard (through gimpsta) only to have force closes everytime I try to open it. I don't think this is a problem with apps2sd because I switched the HTC_IME.apk as well as the clicker.apk onto my phones memory from md sd card. Is there an updated clicker.apk that must be used? Prior to trying v27 I have been running v25 (which I think was the first froyo compatible HTC_IME but without voice input) and everything worked fine on it so I assumed I wouldnt need a newer clicker.apk. Has anyone had this happen to them? If the problem lies within gimpsta then I'll be fine without a custom one if anyone has the .apk for that. I'd really like to get my custom keyboard working though if possible...does anyone have a fix? TIA.

gardobus

Silver Member
Reaction score
When you go to gimpsta to create the keyboard, you have to choose "v27 high res froyo", not just "v27 high res". This makes it compatible.