HTC Vision gets photographed, may head to T-Mobile as "G1 Blaze"

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
2e1w1na.jpg

HTC Vision, or as we call it, Desire with a QWERTY, has emerged for a quick spy shot, thanks to an anonymous tipster. The tipster informed Engadget that the Vision is heading to T-Mobile, and will be renamed to the "G1 Blaze." I'm sure this name will appeal to the earliest Android adopters, and proud owners of the original G1. As of now, we can assume the G1 Blaze will hit T-Mobile sometime in early September, thanks to that previously leaked T-Mobile roadmap. As to other carriers, there is no word yet.

The HTC Vision/G1 Blaze/Vanguard looks exactly the same as the Desire, except that it sports new colors, and will have a QWERTY keyboard (pictured above). And the internals will likely be identical to the Desire as well: namely, a 1GHz Snapdragon processor, 3.7" 800x480 resolution screen, 576MB RAM, 512MB ROM, etc. However, there is no official word yet, so we'll have to wait and see.

The depicted QWERTY on the G1 Blaze will make hardware-keyboard loyalists quite pleased, and the Blaze should be a great contender to the Motorola Droid 2, MT3G Slide, and Samsung Epic 4G.

Does the HTC Vision/Vanguard/G1 Blaze appeal to anyone here?

Source Engadget

Reaction score
Htc vision sounds way better than g1 blaze. The droid 2 will stomp this pho ti omap and its gpu stomps snapdragon and that adreno gpu.

LoneWolfArcher

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC has done such a good job with their on screen keyboard that I don't understand the need for a slide out kb.

OP
W

wuyanks

DF News Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
on the other hand, this hardware keyboard looks great, and a large percentage of people would not buy a smartphone without one.

Last edited:
Reaction score
on the other hand, this hardware keyboard looks great, and a large percentage of people would not buy a smartphone without one.

Well spoken, I really need a hardware keyboard and I really loved my
Tilt 2. It was perfect, except for the lags, crashes, and general slows.
If they put it on a Droid it would be wonderful. This looks like it to me.