hTC unlocks Dinc2 bootloader with hTC super tool

Dunnski21

Reaction score
I unlocked the bootloader successfully! What's the easiest way to gain root from here without installing a custom rom?

OP
blackepoxy

blackepoxy

Reaction score
I unlocked the bootloader successfully! What's the easiest way to gain root from here without installing a custom rom?
What are the exact steps you took to do this? I know on the page it the diagram of the steps.
Mainly I want to know how you used SDK to fastboot to gain the token.

I think that this method is a watered down version of something.
Even though you unlocked the bootloader S is still on. (not S-off)
Yes, you unlocked the bootloader but that is not root, right.
And what about needing/getting the SU permission that all the things you will need to run titanium backup root explorer and what not? I am still kinda confused as to exactly what this does...

Dunnski21

Reaction score
What are the exact steps you took to do this? I know on the page it the diagram of the steps.
Mainly I want to know how you used SDK to fastboot to gain the token.

I think that this method is a watered down version of something.
Even though you unlocked the bootloader S is still on. (not S-off)
Yes, you unlocked the bootloader but that is not root, right.
And what about needing/getting the SU permission that all the things you will need to run titanium backup root explorer and what not? I am still kinda confused as to exactly what this does...

To get the token I made copies of adb and fastboot and threw them in the "Android" folder that htc asked me to create. I opened up the command prompt, navigated to the Android folder on my C drive, typed in "fastboot oem" something. I can't remember exactly but it's what HTC said to do. I got the token, pasted it over and voila - unlock key emailed to me. My issue is now is that I still don't have root! I have a bootloader that says "Unlocked" and thats it. I know i need to push superuser and busybox, but I don't know where to get the files. I have no idea how to actually root now that I have unlocked the bootloader.

OP
blackepoxy

blackepoxy

Reaction score
:blink: Yeah, I am pretty confident that I could sit down & do this, but like you, what's next?
We are both in the same boat now, beside the fact I haven't unlocked the bootloader yet because it seems useless since I don't know what to do next...:blink:

Gryffen Spark

Reaction score
Unlock bootloader screen...

So i followed all the steps to get to the Unlock bootloader screen on the Incredible 2 and when I choose yes to unlock bootloader it does nothing. It doesn't freeze because it lets me choose no and then the phone restarts but when i try to choose yes, nothing happens. Does anybody have any ideas?