HTC Thunderbolt Release Date

Status
Not open for further replies.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
We know the HTC Thunderbolt is going to be unveiled next week, but when do you think the Thunderbolt will actually launch?

Please be sure to visit our HTC Thunderbolt Area.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I say mid February - it was at least a month after the announcement of the Droid before it's Official Release

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Going to be interesting to watch. I really want to see the final specs on this one. Vy close to making this the next phone. Very few in the running. This is one of the finalists.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm probably gonna jump on whatever the first dual core phone released is... I can't wait any longer :icon_eek:

Garemlin

Developer Relations
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3 (VZW), Nexus 7 v2
Well it could be within a month of the CES unveiling or they could pull a Samsung and wait like 6 months.

Raptor007

Reaction score
Android Central just posted images showing that HTC Thunderbolt Phone and Dummy Phone sku's have been put into Verizon's system along with the same two items for the Samsung SCH-I520.

As others have indicated and I agreed its far more likely that Verizon is clearly getting ready to launch these out of the gate of CES. Indicating a January launch window, at least for one or both.

http://www.androidcentral.com/htc-thunderbolt-samsung-sch-i520-lte-phone-show-verizons-system

Last edited:

rmreid

Reaction score
Based on everything I've read and seen it looks like I'll be paying retail to get one as I am 12 months out before I'm eligible for an upgrade :yeahbaby01:

Raptor007

Reaction score
I just signed up two months ago so I can go retail or use the extra (wife's) upgrade. She uses a std flip phone and I have a spare one of her exact model in reserve.

gcforreal

Reaction score
Isn't this phone just a Verizon version of the evo if so hardly something id leave my x for ..front cam and 4g aside ...just can't get excited bout this phone am I missing something

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Raptor007

Reaction score
Unfortunately for us US customers (and possibly everyone else) those specs have been kicked to the curb. Based on HTC's position that they will be "First to 4G Again" the processor and other specs don't fit an immediate launch. The processor alone is a non-shipping product until the middle of the year.

ecsnead69

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
This will have an unlocked bootloader correct? Isn't Motorola the only manufacturer that has locked bootloaders?

Status
Not open for further replies.