HTC Supersonic official... now known as EVO 4G

natty_lite

Reaction score
Nice phone but seeing as this is a first gen superphone can you imagine what the end of the year will bring? I am happy that Sprint is once again breaking the mold and dropping some hot hardware on the scene but seeing as how Sprint has a small market share it won't be that big of an impact overall. When Verizon drops a monster like this and even AT&T with the rumored iPhone 4G is when superphones like this will start becoming commonplace. Personally I am hoping that Motorola makes a Droid 2 superphone that is just as hackable as the original.
Uh..how is this first gen? This is like HTC's 1000th Android device.

Darkseider

Reaction score
Nice phone but seeing as this is a first gen superphone can you imagine what the end of the year will bring? I am happy that Sprint is once again breaking the mold and dropping some hot hardware on the scene but seeing as how Sprint has a small market share it won't be that big of an impact overall. When Verizon drops a monster like this and even AT&T with the rumored iPhone 4G is when superphones like this will start becoming commonplace. Personally I am hoping that Motorola makes a Droid 2 superphone that is just as hackable as the original.

First 4G superphone. Reading comprehension is your friend :)

natty_lite

Reaction score

First 4G superphone. Reading comprehension is your friend :)
Soooo...its 1st gen because its the first 4G phone?

"Nice phone but seeing as this is a first gen superphone can you imagine what the end of the year will bring?"

What will the end of the year bring that this phone doesn't, 5G? An x-ray machine? lol. This isn't the first Android device, its not the first Snap Dragon device, its not even the first Android 2.1 device running HTC Sense. HOWEVER, apparently(supposedly), you were referring to it being the first WiMax device., even though you didn't really imply that. I think I can comprehend now, thanks for being concerned.

cb2000a

Reaction score
As pointed out above this phone (EVO ) will be "old" by the next version of the DROID this fall. . I am quite happy with my DROID and the Verizon network.

Reaction score
Kinda wish new every two meant 2 months. This is a beast of a phone. But whoever is wondering if this is an iphone killer, the iphone cannot be killed with superior specs alone, not to mention it shall be getting an update as well. I hope sprint doesnt drop the ball with this phone like they did the pre. I saw a droid commercial 4 times per hour, and a pre commercial 4 times per week.