HTC Status Bar for Froyo

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
So do I need to go back to bb v.3 to get black status bar? Anyone know of one working with the latest FRF84B or a tutorial on making your own?

Thanks

So do I need to go back to bb v.3 to get black status bar? Anyone know of one working with the latest FRF84B or a tutorial on making your own?

Thanks

Second that, need this to work on BB 0.4 aka FRF84B.

It will only work with ROMs that are deoxed. I am almost 100% sure that is the case and not sure if the BB ROM is deoxed. Use root explorer to browse the system/app folder and if you see .odex files then it will not work. Well the font coloring will not work...not sure about everything else :)

datsyuk

Reaction score

Thanks

Thanks

Second that, need this to work on BB 0.4 aka FRF84B.

It will only work with ROMs that are deoxed. I am almost 100% sure that is the case and not sure if the BB ROM is deoxed. Use root explorer to browse the system/app folder and if you see .odex files then it will not work. Well the font coloring will not work...not sure about everything else :)

Just tried to put it over BB 0.4 and it broke it and stayed on the Motorola boot logo.

neubanks89

Reaction score
BB is deodexed. The current update.zip worked great on the old bb but not on the frf84b based one.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
BB is deodexed. The current update.zip worked great on the old bb but not on the frf84b based one.

Then there should be no problems...I should have it up in a couple of hours...just making some mods to my ROM before I start on the update status bar :)

datsyuk

Reaction score

Then there should be no problems...I should have it up in a couple of hours...just making some mods to my ROM before I start on the update status bar :)

Good I'll be waiting on this :) gf is making me take her to twilight release so I have something to look forward to tonight myself rofl

Coldboot

Reaction score
Thanks for all your work. With the last couple updates, I'm getting a black on black "Retry" button in Gmail (when there's no connection). Otherwise, everything looks seamless.

I was able to add percentage battery icon in 10% increments by using JRummy's hack and modifying/adding Bugless Beast's PNGs. It's a simple drop-in change if anyone wants to try it.

Se7enLC

Reaction score
I was able to add percentage battery icon in 10% increments by using JRummy's hack and modifying/adding Bugless Beast's PNGs. It's a simple drop-in change if anyone wants to try it.

Sure, I'm curious. What's the process to switch to that, is it just the framework?

Coldboot

Reaction score
Yes, just replace the battery images in the framework. If you want the 10 percent increments, then swap in JRummy's stat_sys_battery.xml (in "drawable") and make or modify battery PNGs for the 30, 50, 70, 90 percentages and put them in place of the jog_dial_arrow images (in "drawable_hdpi").

I've attached my modification of the BB battery icons. I take no credit for it since it's Pete and JRummy's work that I only added numbers for the other icons.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Thanks for all your work. With the last couple updates, I'm getting a black on black "Retry" button in Gmail (when there's no connection). Otherwise, everything looks seamless.

Can you take a screen capture of the black on back retry and the battery percentage :)

Thanks!

Coldboot

Reaction score
Here are the images...didn't have time to let the battery run down to the 90 percent icon!

BTeagle

Reaction score
sorry to bother you ....but cant find anyone else awake....can you help me everything was working great up until i installed HTC theme...phone got stuck in the animation loop?

BTeagle

Reaction score
hi .....i could really use your opinion....about my HTC theme not working....everything was great up until that point....bb v.03 with droid x theme!

Appleanche

Reaction score
sorry to bother you ....but cant find anyone else awake....can you help me everything was working great up until i installed HTC theme...phone got stuck in the animation loop?

Did you back up prior?

If not, go and grab the micro sd card out of the Droid, hook it up to your computer and put a new rom on and install the rom again.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
Any one know of a black notification bar for FRF91? I like what I see in this thread, just afraid to install it cuz it's for a diffent build.