HTC One X+ Officially Unveiled; Jelly Bean, Improved Specs, Tegra 3 & LTE and More

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-one-x-plus-full-press-shot-front-angle-and-back.jpeg

The enhanced version of the HTC One X+ that we have been hearing rumors about for weeks has now been officially unveiled by HTC. The device has some pretty amazing innovations that really make it worth checking out. First of all, they figured out a way to squeeze LTE in with a higher clocked version of the NVIDIA Tegra 3 quad-core chip. Second, the phone will come with Jelly Bean and an improved version of Sense 4 they call Sense 4+. There are also a number of other hardware and software tweaks. Here's a breakdown below:
  • 4.7" 1280x720 display
  • 1GB of RAM
  • Beats Audio
  • 8MP rear-facing camera
  • A beefier Cortex-A9 NVIDIA Tegra 3 AP37 processor running at 1.7GHz enhanced over the previous 1.5GHz
  • ULP GeForce NVIDIA GPU, running at 520MHz up from 416MHz
  • 64GB of internal storage up from 32GB
  • 2100mAh battery up from 1800mAh, and supposedly up to 6 hours of extra talk time
  • 8MP rear-facing camera
  • 1.6MP front-facing camera up from 1.3MP
  • 135g - slightly heavier but only by 5 grams up from 130g - which is probably not an improvement depending on your point of view
  • Android 4.1 Jelly Bean (obviously a happy upgrade) - with Sense 4+
  • Self Portrait mode for the front-facing camera that detects faces and "applies subtle enhancements to skin and eyes"
  • Sightseeing mode that enables a one-touch access to the camera that bypasses the lockscreen
  • Two new Gallery views that group media by location and date
  • Tap and Go for connecting (presumably NFC-enabled) the One X+ to selected Beats speakers
  • HTC Watch 2.0 and Video Hub
Here's the full press release:

HTC introduces the HTC One™ X+. more speed, more storage and more battery life make HTC’s best rated android phone, even better
HTC also announces Sense™ 4+ with Android Jelly Bean upgrades for HTC One X and HTC One S coming soon
TAIPEI — 2ND OCTOBER, 2012 — HTC, a global leader in mobile innovation and design, today unveiled the HTC One™ X+, a refreshed version of its award winning HTC One™ X smartphone, running the HTC Sense™ 4+ experience on Android™ Jelly Bean. The HTC One™ X+ combines the iconic design, amazing camera and authentic audio experience of the HTC One series, with increased performance, longer battery life and expanded internal storage.
“We are taking the HTC One™ X to a new level with the introduction of the new HTC One™ X+,” said Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corporation. “Our customers will have super-fast browsing, an even better camera and more immersive entertainment with Beats Audio™.”
Performance, Endurance and Storage
Featuring a 1.7 GHz quad-core NVIDIA® Tegra® 3 AP37 processor and 64GB of internal storage, the HTC One™ X+ LTE version is up to 67% faster than the HTC One™ X LTE, making the HTC One™ X+ the best rated Android phone on the market. Developed to be lightning fast, the HTC One™ X+ enables quicker web browsing, fluid gaming and graphic rendering, and speedy downloads, providing effortless usage on the go.
In addition to its increased performance speeds, the HTC One™ X+ introduces extended performance with the inclusion of a 2100 mAh battery, giving you up to 50% (6 hours) more talk time, and longer to browse the web and enjoy your favorite music and videosii .
Imaging, Music and Movies
Combining the amazing camera capabilities of its predecessoriii with a series of intelligent features, powered by Sense™ 4+, the HTC One™ X+ has been designed to deliver the most premium mobile experience. The newly launched Self Portrait mode on the front camera helps you capture high quality photos by intuitively detecting the human face at various angles and applying subtle enhancements to skin and eyes. Sightseeing mode makes sure you’ll always be ready to capture the moment - one touch of the power button bypasses the lock screen and launches directly into the camera. Two new views in Gallery display images and videos and group them according to where and when they were taken.
Exclusively available on HTC smartphones, Beats Audio™ provides authentic, studio-quality sound that delivers the most immersive sound experience with an enhanced audio profile, crisper vocals and detailed high notes for your music, games, movies and videos. Making it easier to listen to music out loud, and through Sense™ 4+, the HTC One™ X+ introduces a new Tap and Go function, which allows you to connect the phone and your music to Beats speakers’ when you tap them. To disconnect, it is just another quick tap.
Spectacular Sound with Beats Audio™
Exclusively available on HTC smartphones, Beats Audio™ provides authentic, studio-quality sound that delivers the spirit of the original recording. The Windows Phone 8X by HTC featuring Beats Audio™ also offers a unique audio amplifier powering the 3.5mm audio jack and the speaker, boosting the audio signal for even better sound no matter if you're listening to music, playing a game or watching a video.
Providing exclusive access to thousands of movies through HTC Watch 2.0, the HTC One™ X+ will appeal to both the avid film fan and the casual movie-goer. Combined with the introduction of video hub, another benefit of Sense™ 4+, for the first time you will be able to put all your video entertainment in a single place.
Easy Set Up
A new feature in the HTC One™ X+ is HTC Get Started, a new web service that guides the user painlessly through the set-up and personalisation process from a desktop web browser. Designed to enhance the experience of setting up a phone for the first time, this feature ensures that users will get the most out of their new phone from the beginning. With the touch of a button, users' phone will reflect the settings and apps that were chosen on the Web. Visit start.htc.com for more details.
Availability
The HTC One™ X+ will be available in Europe and North Asia from October and in South Asia from November 2012. North America will make a separate announcement regarding availability of the HTC One™ X+. The Android Jelly Bean with HTC Sense™ 4+ update is scheduled to begin rolling out for the HTC One™ S and HTC One™ X from October.

Source: HTCOneForum

geoff5093

Reaction score
This is what the HTC One X should have been from the beginning.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
This is what the HTC One X should have been from the beginning.

I think the previous specs were just fine when it was released except for 1gb of RAM. I like having 2gb in my S3. I'm not a fan of these small refreshes though. At least not so close together.

geoff5093

Reaction score
I think the previous specs were just fine when it was released except for 1gb of RAM. I like having 2gb in my S3. I'm not a fan of these small refreshes though. At least not so close together.
I'm thinking more about the battery.

I like what Samsung has been doing lately, releasing two flagships, the Galaxy S and Note. I'd hate to have the Note 2+ come out months after buying the Note 2.

LoudRam

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Z Flip 3
I like it. I've had a chance to use a friends One X and it's nice. I really can't wait until that comes out here. Does anyone know if VZ is getting this or is AT&T getting all the good phones again?

summit21

Reaction score
Too bad it is only going to be available on AT&T's crap network...

pwrdbykyank

Reaction score
damn i honestly hope it comes out for verizon, i miss having an htc phone, everything seemed so smooth on my rezound. I cant stand my galaxy s3 for some reason. Home button is laggy, phone has so many glitches ive gotten it replaced 3 times and still when i put calls on speaker its terrible! ugh.

bluefire7002

Reaction score
This looks super nice in black. Like someone mentioned though, there's a good chance VZW wont be getting it.
I just hope the next Nexus phone does come to verizon, its really the only phone I see replacing my GN.
This does have potential though :happy3:

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
HTC says they're trying to regain their foothold in the market, yet don't release a new top tier device for the largest U.S. carrier... makes sense.

52brandon

Reaction score
I like it. But I'm definitely skeptical that a 16.7% increase in battery will lead to 6 moure hours of talk time

acousticshade

Reaction score
MissionImprobable said:
HTC says they're trying to regain their foothold in the market, yet don't release a new top tier device for the largest U.S. carrier... makes sense.

First off, its only speculation that its only going to be on AT&T and second, big red has been treating HTC as the red headed step child as of late, so it may not be their fault if Verizon wants to be stupid.