HTC One to Get Android 4.3 and Sense 5 in US Within the month..

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Going to be $49.99 at BB between Sept 15-22/28 I think under contract.
I like the phone just trying to decide between this and the Moto Ultra / Maxx.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I just discovered the price drop when I stopped at the local BB a couple of hours ago. I was debating between the One and the LG G2, but the price difference makes it hard not to get the One. Plus I signed up for a special 2013 $50 rebate on a phone with a 2 year contract back in February at BB, so that makes the One free for me.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
I thought the HTC One already had Sense 5.0 with Android 4.2.2. Is it just the Verizon one that has Sense 5.0? If so, will the Verizon One still be getting 4.3?

I was told by a HTC rep that VZW comes with Sense 5 and 4.3 (the only carrier) but I could be wrong.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
I was told by a HTC rep that VZW comes with Sense 5 and 4.3 (the only carrier) but I could be wrong.

Per the Verizon specs page:
[h=6]Operating System[/h]
  • Android 4.2, Jelly Bean with HTC Sense 5.0

I think I like the LG G2 better, but the $150 difference is tempting, although $150 is peanuts compared to the phone and data fees over 2 years.

rherron

Reaction score
4.2.2 and Sense 5.0 on Blue One from Best Buy. Got mine yesterday for $49.99. Hard to beat.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
They seem to be selling well. I just checked store stock and the silver one is sold out at 4 of the 10 stores closest to me. The blue one is available at all the stores. The one closest to me has both. They had 4 silver ones and 5 blue ones yesterday. I'm thinking about getting one tomorrow morning. I'd rather have something smaller, but I compared it to the Droid Mini today and I liked the One much better. I'm just concerned about some user reviews complaining about dropped calls.

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Per the Verizon specs page:
[h=6]Operating System[/h]

[*]Android 4.2, Jelly Bean with HTC Sense 5.0

I think I like the LG G2 better, but the $150 difference is tempting, although $150 is peanuts compared to the phone and data fees over 2 years.

Thx, then Best Buy has to change its ad. They show 4.3 on their ad. :p

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
They seem to be selling well. I just checked store stock and the silver one is sold out at 4 of the 10 stores closest to me. The blue one is available at all the stores. The one closest to me has both. They had 4 silver ones and 5 blue ones yesterday. I'm thinking about getting one tomorrow morning. I'd rather have something smaller, but I compared it to the Droid Mini today and I liked the One much better. I'm just concerned about some user reviews complaining about dropped calls.

I do admit that call quality with Moto was better with my experience. My Rezound call quality isn't that great, where my old Droid 1 & 3 were great.

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Thx, then Best Buy has to change its ad. They show 4.3 on their ad. :p

I just checked the BB page. It says 4.3 for the blue one and 4.1 for the silver one. I'm planning to go get the blue one in an hour or so if they don't run out before then. Five of 10 stores now are out of the silver one, but all have the blue one in stock. I hate buying a new phone. I'm always afraid that it will have problems and I'll be stuck with it for 2 years. I'll keep my Incredible 2 just in case. I kept my OG Droid "just in case" when I got my Inc2, but never had a reason to go back to it.