HTC One M8 from T-Mobile Now Getting Android 5.0 Lollipop Update

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
HTC-One-M8-grey.jpg

Folks who own the HTC One M8 on T-Mobile's network might be pleased to find the new version of Android on their device today or very soon. Android 5.0 Lollipop just started rolling out today. The software version is 4.20.531.4, and, of course it includes the latest version of HTC's Sense 6 overlay. It's a hefty 634MB, so be prepared to perform the update over "the Why-Fi's."

If you would like to get the update started early you can try the usual Settings>About>Software update>Check now, but it will likely roll out in waves, so your device may not be in the first batch.

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
It's nice but really has destroyed the speed of this phone. I get quick freeze ups and apps fail to open. Hope they sort through those issues quickly.

Ollie

Droid Does
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note Edge - iPhone 6 Plus
It's nice but really has destroyed the speed of this phone. I get quick freeze ups and apps fail to open. Hope they sort through those issues quickly.

Have you performed a factory restore?

acorn

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G4
My phone still has no issues and is working fine. That's not to brag but to point out that that something else may be going on. Would restarting your phone help. Just grasping at straws..

eddiekeyton

Banned
Reaction score
Twitter
eddiekeyton
I turned on performance in dev settings. Seemed to help. I don't want to FDR. I hate losing everything. Backups never completely restore everything and every little setting I worked oh so long on setting up