HTC One M8 Defeats Several Top Competitors in Battery Life Test; Including RAZR MAXX

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
htc-one-m8-battery-supremacy.png

It looks like HTC's claims of dramatically improved battery efficiency for their all new HTC One M8 aren't just wild boasts. In fact, the new HTC One M8 was taken to task in a battery life test, yet it dominated all current competitors, including the venerable Motorola RAZR MAXX and the impressive LG G2. As you can see, it also bested the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 phablet!

Despite only having a 2,600 mAh battery, the HTC One M8 scored higher than any other competitor on the list, with 7 hour and 12 min run on a "custom web-script, designed to replicate the power consumption of typical real-life usage." Whatever software improvements HTC included are really doing amazing work under the hood. Of course, the folks who performed this test didn't have the new Sony Xperia Z2, nor the Samsung Galaxy S5 to test. It will be interesting to see how these other next-generation devices fair against the new reigning king of battery efficiency.

Kudos are well deserved to HTC for the dramatic battery improvement of the HTC One M8!

Source: PhoneArena

jspradling7

Reaction score
It has a sleep mode that you can set or let it learn when to turn things off. I'm going to let it learn, but I'm going to turn it off if I start missing messages or something. We'll see.

Screenshot_2014-03-26-10-42-54_zps28074fcc.png

Screenshot_2014-03-26-10-43-30_zpsb41c79b1.png

Bara65

Reaction score
It's not only S5, Z2 that are not included here but also Droid Maxx, Maxx HD are missing. I think Razr Maxx here is the original one from two years ago with old chipset. Droid Maxx would come out on top if tested together.

Still very impressive score for M8. I will see how S5, G3 do here.

combatmedic870

Reaction score
Wow, if it beats out the note 3....just wow. I have never had to worry about getting a full days worth from my note 3. Im really thinking about getting this. Especially if this battery life is true.

lloydstrans

Banned
Reaction score
It has a sleep mode that you can set or let it learn when to turn things off. I'm going to let it learn, but I'm going to turn it off if I start missing messages or something. We'll see.

I would assume you're a proud owner. Question. In one video of the device there is a blinking notification LED (green), at Verizon it had a steady red LED. The blinking green was noticeable the red one looked like a two watt bulb on the moon. Understand the different color thingy. Can you see it at a glance or have to stare it down in low light.

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
They've definitely figured out how to make a smaller footprint battery viable. The camera is the only real letdown, but phone calls, multimedia, email, and texts are the most important thing about a device for me, and a phone that can do all those and go over a day without a charge is noteworthy.I also love the suite of accessories:
hs3wmjbv.jpg

jspradling7

Reaction score
I would assume you're a proud owner. Question. In one video of the device there is a blinking notification LED (green), at Verizon it had a steady red LED. The blinking green was noticeable the red one looked like a two watt bulb on the moon. Understand the different color thingy. Can you see it at a glance or have to stare it down in low light.

Sent from my DUM phone using Droid Forums

The green and orange are easy to notice. I don't think I've seen red yet.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I'm curious on your guys take on battery after a week or so ..that is impressive if it hangs with my N3 ..Also I know the camera has been the low point of the reviews so give us your take ..

N3 tap