HTC Nexus Marlin Specs Revealed!

DroidModderX

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

It is looking more and more like HTC will be releasing two Nexus devices later this year. We have already seen plenty of leaks regarding the smaller version of the HTC Nexus, the "sailfish". Today some tipsters leaked some info on the larger version HTC Nexus, the "marlin".

AndroidPolice posted the specs earlier today and say their confidence level is a 9 out of 10. They cite corroborating evidence surrounding the specifications. Of course they go on to say that this is early enough that there is still plenty of time for HTC to make changes. For now we will say this is still Rumor status.

Marlin Specs:
  • Manufactured by HTC
  • Quad-core Qualcomm processor
  • 5.5" QHD (2560x1440) AMOLED display
  • USB-C port
  • 12MP rear camera, 8MP front
  • Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner
  • 4GB RAM
  • 3450mAh battery
  • Bottom-firing speakers
  • 32/128GB of storage
  • Bluetooth 4.2
This doesn't look half bad. I am guessing that Qualcomm processor will end up being the 821 or 823. This particular phone is not likely to be modeled after the HTC 10 as it has a rear fingerprint scanner and larger screen. Who knows maybe the design will still be similar.

The only thing that really stands out is the larger 3450mah battery. Are you interested in a Nexus by HTC with specs like these?

via AndroidPolice

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not going to say I'm disappointed but wow what a very minor step up from the 6p.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
It's about what I expect ...if you look at recent phones they all have the same thing 820 and 4GB with some now 6GB ...let's see where the prices come in ...there will be plenty of great choices for all with your favorite manufacturers

6S PLUS

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
Agree. Not bad, but nothing to hold my breath for at this point. Not regretting promising the wife that I'd keep the 6P for 2 years this time so far. It's served me well and seems like it will do the same for quite a while yet.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Not going to say I'm disappointed but wow what a very minor step up from the 6p.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I agree, while it's nothing to sneeze at, there's no WoW factor here. But then previous Nexuses, Nexi? have always lined up with the latest crop of current gen models "at the time", as opposed to kicking it up a notch. That along with the removal of their dual front facing speakers, a feature that drew in so many diehard HTC fans to begin with. I believe by not expecting earth shattering specs with this HTC Nexus model, Google instead may be holding out on us by releasing their big guns with their own device later this year.
...just a thought.

S5 tap'n

popcenator

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I actually like the smaller screen size, I would have been much happier with a 5.5" screen on the 6P, but I'm still enjoying it. The only thing I'm disappointed in is the bottom firing speakers, especially given that the previous two Nexus phones had front firing, and HTC was the one who made them a thing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P