Htc Incredible Boot Loop

sundown2140

Reaction score
My Droid is stuck in a boot loop and i've tried to recover it, fastboot, and clear storage and nothing has worked. It will not let me install the update.zip file. Its saying cant mount deb/block/ mmcblk0p2 or dev/block/mmcblk1
E: Can't mount CACHE: recovery/command
E: Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2 or /dev/block/mmcblk1

OP
S

sundown2140

Reaction score

Phil Thron

Reaction score
Just had a similar problem, sundown. I was on a boot screen and couldn't exit. I scrolled to "reboot" and it went to an ominous screen with a triangular alert symbol on which it stayed. Ultimately I removed the battery, then started up and right now it's fine again. First real problem I've had in a month...I'm hoping it's not the beginning of a trend.

osvaldo

Reaction score
:icon_ banana:nothing is wrong guys u guys just managed to in reboot loader usually just pull battery out u get in this mood by holding the power button and volume down key together or power button and optical joystick :icon_ banana:dancedroid

Phil Thron

Reaction score
:icon_ banana:nothing is wrong guys u guys just managed to in reboot loader usually just pull battery out u get in this mood by holding the power button and volume down key together or power button and optical joystick :icon_ banana:dancedroid

I might well have grabbed a volume key while I was powering up, so that definitely sounds like a possibility. I've had no troubles since I removed the battery and replaced it, so it's been all good thus far...

Thanks.

Grahamnation

Reaction score
Important endless reboot fact

Much like hundreds of other posters out there, my htc incredible started doing endless reboot a couple of weeks ago until it became so frequent as to be rendered non-functional. I did all the usual, factory reset, *228, airplane mode, turn off continuous internet mode, etc. and it slowly got worse. Went to Verizon store, they shrugged their heads and ordered me a new one.

HOWEVER:

I turned on my new out of the box HTC incredible, hit *228 and then pressed 1 and it programmed the phone, rebooted and is now stuck dead in endless reboot mode.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, I've never done anything at all to the phone so either by some amazing coincidence, they sent me a bad phone with an identical problem OR something unique either to my cell tower or the way my account is set up is causing the problem.

If anyone figures this thing out let Verizon know (they're solution is they're sending me A third phone on Thursday (I don't buy it but they think maybe it is a coincidence), when it crashes too this will be confirmation. Has anyone else figured this out? I'm in Raleigh, NC if it helps.

mesocrayz

Reaction score
Much like hundreds of other posters out there, my htc incredible started doing endless reboot a couple of weeks ago until it became so frequent as to be rendered non-functional. I did all the usual, factory reset, *228, airplane mode, turn off continuous internet mode, etc. and it slowly got worse. Went to Verizon store, they shrugged their heads and ordered me a new one.

HOWEVER:

I turned on my new out of the box HTC incredible, hit *228 and then pressed 1 and it programmed the phone, rebooted and is now stuck dead in endless reboot mode.

THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT, I've never done anything at all to the phone so either by some amazing coincidence, they sent me a bad phone with an identical problem OR something unique either to my cell tower or the way my account is set up is causing the problem.

If anyone figures this thing out let Verizon know (they're solution is they're sending me A third phone on Thursday (I don't buy it but they think maybe it is a coincidence), when it crashes too this will be confirmation. Has anyone else figured this out? I'm in Raleigh, NC if it helps.

I have had the same issue. Phone number 3 is on its way. I am so frustrated with Verizon right now. I thought at first, maybe I downloaded an app that caused the issue, so when I received the second phone, just to play it safe, I didn't put my SD card in and didn't downlaod any apps. It worked fine for about 20mins, then started the whole reboot loop thing again. I called Verizon, and they had me take the battery out (again) and then the phone wouldn't turn on at all. I put my husbands battery in just to see if it made a difference, and the phone worked PERFECTLY. So, with that, we thought it was the battery that was bad. I went a whole day with no reboots. Plug my phone in at night to charge, and the dang thing starts the reboot loop again!!!!!! My husband has the same phone, and we live in the same house...so I don't think it is the cell towers or anything related to that causing the issues. It wasn't the battery or anything I downloaded to the phone. Let's see how phone number three works, shall we??

dysterious

Reaction score
I got my first Droid Incredible this week and it died the first day. Two days later my refurbished one arrived and it went into the reboot loop. I called Verizon and they said they never heard of this but sent me another refurbished one. I turned it on and it also went into the same reboot loop! I called Verizon again -- about my THIRD Incredible in as many days -- and they said they are shocked because this has never happened before, and are sending me my fourth Incredible tomorrow.

vprevattusmc

Reaction score
WOW, let us know what happens with phone #4. I had the reboot issue, they sent me a refurb and it is working fine... so far.

Dougb2

Reaction score
similar problem im stuck at the white htc screen. when i go into clockwork recovery i try to format data wipe cache i did a factory reset and then i try to restore a backup and it still stays at the htc screen. i need help.

jaba14

Reaction score
Wow. The same exact thing just happened to me. In bootloop, nothing worked. Whenever I hit factory reset, it would bootloop again.
Verizon sent me a replacement. Worked for about 20 minutes, then it started again. I went to the store to get a new battery and it happened again.
Glad to hear I'm not the only one who this has happened to.

jhr

Reaction score
I do not understand why this is, I bought this incredible to help curve my thunderbolt crave and this phone is doing the same. i am out of luck though since this was a phone that was sold over and over and over that any warranty left is voided. so an solution other than returning the device would be great for everyone else that is in my situation.

the phone will reboot sometimes i am lucky to see the home screen then reboot. i have noticed that under hboot it will not reboot at all. only when booting. i have stock non rooted 2.2

maybe if we revert to 2.1 might fix, becuase flashing in bootloader is good, try to connect to computer is a no way Jose deal.
maybe a bug that 2.2 has for the incredible. I will try and see how to go to 2.1 from 2.2 I tried the zip file but it said older version update fail or something like that.

someone post their findings

TIA

supertrooper

Reaction score
Arggh... stuck on infinite loops of death...

So. Tired.

After getting the HTC Incredible pre-ordered and into my hot little hands last year when it first came out, I felt like top of the world!! Eat it, iPhone! A year later, my love for the DIC has not waned, though it was suffering major abrasion damage and the battery charger input was so damaged the whole thing had to be replaced. So since I was still under warranty I got a replacement shipped to me for free - thus began the unraveling of my affair with HTC Incredible...

I ensured Backup Assistant had done everything right, sent all my favorites to the SD card, unmounted, and said a prayer before I "Factory Reset" all info. I pulled the battery and transferred it over to my replacement DIC (it did not look new, although a decent looking refurbished model). Ever since I put that battery in, it's been an endless Groundhog-day-like loop of :motdroidvert:

UGGGHHH.

I can get the *228 OTA updates, get my backup numbers plugged in, even access my Gmail and get internet and GPS. But soon after, when all seems calm and well, the evil dancedroid Red Eye of Doom appears and blanks everything out for an unwelcome reboot. This is INFURIATING and DISAPPOINTING! After almost a full year of love and lust for the DIC, we seem to be parting ways. Argh.

I'm headed to the Verizon store now. Hope it will provide me the resolution I seek.

-Supertrooper

illmatic636

Reaction score
Has this problem been fixed? resolved?
Just wondering what people are doing to fix this "stuck on HTC" issue.

Thanks