HTC DNA Repairs

julesrules9969

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Droid DNA and cracked the screen within a week. No insurance of course... Went to verizon today and had to buy another for $700. Now I have 2 droids one with a cracked screen and a new one. I cant find repairs for this phone! I have 14 days to return the new one. What would you guys do in my position?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I recently purchased a Droid DNA and cracked the screen within a week. No insurance of course... Went to verizon today and had to buy another for $700. Now I have 2 droids one with a cracked screen and a new one. I cant find repairs for this phone! I have 14 days to return the new one. What would you guys do in my position?

Unfortunately unless upon inspection by Verizon or Motorola it can be determined that the screen cracking is as a result of a manufacturer's defect in either materials or workmenship, you have no recourse. A new screen may be available, but the phone is so new I can't be sure without researching. If so, replacing of the screen (or digitizer as it may be), is tedious, time-consuming and potentially places other components at risk, but if done meticulously and with great care it can be done. Most suppliers of replacement screens bundle the screen with the tools necessary to complete the job. You may also be provided with instructions, or you may find helpful "how to" videos on Youtube for your particular model, however watching a couple comparable phone model dis assembly processes will give you the basic know-how.

I have replaced the screens and digitizers on many phones, as well as a camera on one without any negative effects, and once completed the phone functioned as it did from the factory.

Good luck! :biggrin:

lightyear22

Reaction score

You know you have 30 days to add the insurance to your phone. Then, just continue to use for a week or 2 and make the claim. Take the other back and add insurance if you still can. Mine cracked in week 2 and I called and asked to have insurance added. I am waiting for my otterbox to make the claim and get my new one. I wish I saw this post earlier.

Good Luck

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You know you have 30 days to add the insurance to your phone. Then, just continue to use for a week or 2 and make the claim. Take the other back and add insurance if you still can. Mine cracked in week 2 and I called and asked to have insurance added. I am waiting for my otterbox to make the claim and get my new one. I wish I saw this post earlier.

Good Luck

We don't promote insurance fraud here on DF.net.

OP
J

julesrules9969

Reaction score
Oh, sorry, I didn't realize that. I meant add the insurance to the new one you spent a second $700 on. :wink:

Really wish you would have seen this earlier... Well i am on vacation in a foreign country and have left that phone behind. Guess ill have to suck it up :angry:.