HTC 526 Desire Space Issue

jeromebernardjames

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC 526 Desire
Over time, drive space has been diminished to the point where nothing can be added. The greater casualty is that some apps icons cannot be found and therefore cannot be launched. The sync app directs videos, images, etc. but no space is gained. Therefore the files are synched but no drive space is gained. Have searched the phone at every visible folder. Seeking guidance on how to find these files for deletion. Guidance sought

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
you should be able to use your file manager and search for the different files.

to free up a little space, try deleting the system cache and see if it helps.

1. Turn off your phone
  2. Press and hold “Volume Down
  3. Press and release the “Power” key while holding “Volume Down
  4. Once the phone enters a black screen with red and blue lines of text, release all hardware buttons
  5. Press “Volume Down” repeatedly to navigate to, and highlight “Reboot to bootloader
  6. Press “Power” to select the highlighted option
  7. From the bootloader screen, press “Volume down” to highlight “Boot to Recovery Mode
  8. Press “Power
  9. Once the phone enters recovery (another black screen with red and blue text), press “Volume Down” to navigate to and highlight “wipe cache partition
  10. Press “Power
  11. Once the process is complete and “reboot system now” is highlighted, press “Power

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Over time, drive space has been diminished to the point where nothing can be added. The greater casualty is that some apps icons cannot be found and therefore cannot be launched. The sync app directs videos, images, etc. but no space is gained. Therefore the files are synched but no drive space is gained. Have searched the phone at every visible folder. Seeking guidance on how to find these files for deletion. Guidance sought
Welcome to the Forum. . Did the advice by "me just sayin" help? Does your phone have a File Manager app, not all phones have one built in? What about in Settings > Storage > Internal (or similar named) > Cached Data. How much is displayed? If you tap that you should see the option to Clear all of that cached data. While in the Storage Settings, what else is showing as using a lot of storage?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
J

jeromebernardjames

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC 526 Desire
Greetings and much thanks for your timely reply. Followed the guidance and made it to step #8. There I encountered an image(attached) that did not allow me to proceed. Image is not clear but the display went to a gray/black with a red triangle with a red exclamation point inside. Tried eight times. Hoping for continued guidance...

Attachments

• HTC Boot Image.jpg
    HTC Boot Image.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 216

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
The steps for a system cache wipe vary by phone model and manufacturer. I wouldn't worry about that right now. Can you reboot the phone normally? What is displayed in Storage Settings? Can you clear the App Cache data within the Settings > Storage menu?

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Something similar to this, what does this screen look like in your phone? Let's stay out of the Recovery Menu for now.

5cb867b0b62d2cceafabbc86d05805fc.jpg

me just sayin

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 8
The steps for a system cache wipe vary by phone model and manufacturer. I wouldn't worry about that right now. Can you reboot the phone normally? What is displayed in Storage Settings? Can you clear the App Cache data within the Settings > Storage menu?

my instructions was supposed to be for that specific phone.