Howdy all!

zillahakzor

Reaction score
Howdy all! I'm new to the site and have learned alot already. I've just rooted my Droid:motdroidhoriz: and am anxious to learn more. I'll tell y'all a little about my phone with respect to where I'm at right now. I've got a few ROMs saved up and am working some bugs out of installing them. I am running the SPrecovery 99.1b right now and working hard to find the *.3b although I've found out that sholes.info is down. I'll find it eventually and look forward to great ROMs to come. I'm interested in learning more about hacking the phone, learning to program the ROMs and kernels and the whole nine yards. I'm just a noob to this game and know that but if there's anything I can do to help everyone else out just let me know. I'll be happy to do whatever I can to help. I use zillahakzor or Rob so either way. Anything but late for dinner! Thanks to all for any future help.

OP
zillahakzor

zillahakzor

Reaction score
:welcome: to the Droid form. Sholes is no longer available and has been replaced by DroidMod - Everything Droid doesn't, DroidMod does.. Try their DMupdater for a quick, easy, and safe way to root your phone. I also recommend Droidmod 1.0. I've been very pleased with it.

Thank you kindly to all for the welcoming committee. :) I've done some digging and actually found the file on this forum that I need. Now I just gotta use the emulator and install I've got much to learn but am learning fast. I appreciate the assistance. I'll be talking to ya, HOOK. Thanks again.:greendroid:

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Howdy all! I'm new to the site and have learned alot already. I've just rooted my Droid:motdroidhoriz: and am anxious to learn more. I'll tell y'all a little about my phone with respect to where I'm at right now. I've got a few ROMs saved up and am working some bugs out of installing them. I am running the SPrecovery 99.1b right now and working hard to find the *.3b although I've found out that sholes.info is down. I'll find it eventually and look forward to great ROMs to come. I'm interested in learning more about hacking the phone, learning to program the ROMs and kernels and the whole nine yards. I'm just a noob to this game and know that but if there's anything I can do to help everyone else out just let me know. I'll be happy to do whatever I can to help. I use zillahakzor or Rob so either way. Anything but late for dinner! Thanks to all for any future help.

Check your directions as it is likely the mirror sites are up while sholes is down. The directions within the links in my sig will get you there.

edit: typing faster but still not fast enough...I see you found the files :)

OP
zillahakzor

zillahakzor

Reaction score
Well, i'm off to a good start. i've tried out the smoked glass 2.0.1 rom and loved it, I've tried out the 2.1 "OTA" update and thought it was OK, tried to try bugless beauty and bugless beast and had phone issues I had to work out with that and will probably try those later now that I got my phone problem fixed. I am now running AdamZ Smoked.Glass.v.5.0.1. I absolutely LOVE it! I'll be running this one for quite a while. Hands down this is my favorite so far. If anyone needs the .zips or .tgz for any of the ones i listed other than bugless beast/beauty LMK. I'll be happy to help in any way I can.:)

OP
zillahakzor

zillahakzor

Reaction score
Well sadly my phone ended up not liking the smoked glass rom as much as I did. :mad: Fortunately I do like Ultimate Droid with Black Droid. I just figured out how to flash kernels. Oddly enough the only thing I did wrong before is not click allow update. LOL. Learning more as I go. I flashed Chevy No. 1's 1.25 kernel and my phone runs WAY smoother and faster. Everything's stable and I'm loving it. Well omw to knowing everything I want to. Thanks again for y'all's help!