How to unroot my bionic?

chrisj01

Reaction score
I am doing a warranty exchange with Verizon so I need to remove root from my phone before I send it back to them. I'm going to give a lot of details here since I don't know what's pertinent and what is not, so my apologies.

I got the phone when it first came out and used this method from droid-life to root it. Basically, once I was rooted all I did was use SQLite Editor to change some 1's and 0's or something in order to get Mobile Hotspot to work. I think I followed the instructions in this video. Anyway, ever since then I haven't done anything else with root and have gotten all of the over the air updates.

Now that I need to return it, I want to undo what I did. I tried using "Ginger Unroot" to clear everything up but it didn't seem to work. I still have the SuperUser app but I can't seem to get SuperUser permission. I tried to use SQLite Editor to undo what I did in the youtube video but it said it didn't have SuperUser permission. When I open SuperUser, SQLite is on the "Deny" list. Mobile Hotspot still works, so I don't know what's going on.

Questions:

1) Am I still rooted? How can I check to make sure?
2) Can I use the unroot method from the program I used to root the phone? Did the OTA updates make it so I might mess up the phone if I try to do this? I'm scared to try it but don't know if that's warranted.
3) If not, how do I unroot this thing?
4) I don't want to risk bricking the phone or messing it up to the point where I have to spend a ton of time fixing it. Is there a super safe way for me to undo what I've done so that Verizon doesn't void my warranty when they get my phone?

I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff so I probably left out some information you might need to help me, so just ask. And thanks in advance for your help.

Tonik

Reaction score
I am doing a warranty exchange with Verizon so I need to remove root from my phone before I send it back to them.

No you don't. Just do an FDR and format the SD cards so your data is off of it and send it back. They won't look and they don't care.