how to theme the google search widget

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
That's fine I will try to explain it then. In adb (easier to use) follow these commands.

adb shell
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
cd /data/app
busybox cp com.fede.launcher.apk /system/app
busybox cp com.pandora.android.apk /system/app
cd /system/app
mv com.pandora.android.apk Pandora.apk
exit
adb push com.fede.launcher.apk /system/app
adb push Pandora.apk /system/app

If you don't know or have ADB please look into it.

OP
J
Reaction score
I have never used ADB before (although I have heard a lot about it but could never get it to work), is all I do copy and paste that text into what looks like CMD? (of course have the files you gave me downloaded, and also have my phone mounted to my computer)

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I have never used ADB before (although I have heard a lot about it but could never get it to work), is all I do copy and paste that text into what looks like CMD? (of course have the files you gave me downloaded, and also have my phone mounted to my computer)

First do you have ADB? It is part of the SDK. If not it can be found here Android SDK | Android Developers

Then unzip it and rename the folder to "android" and place on the C: drive. So the path for it would look like this C:\android.

Open CMD and type cd C:\android\tools --->this is where you need to place the files I made

In the command prompt do the commands I gave you with the phone connected to USB.

OP
J
Reaction score

First do you have ADB? It is part of the SDK. If not it can be found here Android SDK | Android Developers

Then unzip it and rename the folder to "android" and place on the C: drive. So the path for it would look like this C:\android.

Open CMD and type cd C:\android\tools --->this is where you need to place the files I made

In the command prompt do the commands I gave you with the phone connected to USB.

When you say at the end "In the command prompt do the commands I gave you with the phone connected to USB." I have two questions.
1) Do I have to mount it or just leave it connected to USB
2) Do I have to do those commands one by one? Or do I just copy and paste it in CMD? Because I copied and pasted those commands you gave me all at one time, and It showed me some things going on in CMD and it made me choose my default launcher again on my phone and once I clicked it, it rebooted my phone, but it still didn't have glass Pandora/Google Search Widget.

Last edited:

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Do not mount just have USB debugging on and cord connected. Do the commands one at a time.

OP
J
Reaction score
I got down to this step "busybox cp com.fede.launcher.apk /system/app" and it said com.fede.launcher.apk no such file or directory, I looked in the folder to make sure I pasted it there, and I did, just that it was named a little different it was named comfedelauncher.apk (no periods) so I changed the command thinking that it would work then, but it still said no file or such name found.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Can you PM me so I can talk to you on Gtalk to help out easier?

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
If anyone uses the com.fede.launcher.apk file please rename it after it downloads to such. 4shared takes the periods out and will end up like this comfedelauncher.apk

nizam1

Reaction score
@thebowers

I have a skinned version of LauncherPro. Is there anyway to Install the search widget
without replacing my skinned apk?

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
@thebowers

I have a skinned version of LauncherPro. Is there anyway to Install the search widget
without replacing my skinned apk?

Download the file and take the file called search floater out of res/drawable-hdpi and put in your launcher. You will have to reload all your screens since you themed the launcher

nizam1

Reaction score
How do i put in in my launcher?
In the apk and re install it?
Sorry. Im a noob when it comes to theming

Edit- I meant my skinned APK

MAD450r

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
mad450r.spaces.live.com
Just curious

Haave you tried other sites to host. I use my hotmail site its got 10gb storage, only drawback is 50megabyte file limit but if you use winrar its all good. it seems to be fast and its free too.

thebowers

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
How do i put in in my launcher?
In the apk and re install it?
Sorry. Im a noob when it comes to theming

Edit- I meant my skinned APK

Adb pull com.fede.launcher.apk C:\android\tools -->this pulls your launcher

Download the file I made. Use 7zip to extract it. Go to res/drawable-hdpi and pull that file.
Use 7zip to open your launcher as an archive. Put that file in the correct directory. Close the archive.

Adb shell
Mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
cd /data/app
Busybox cp com.fede.launcher.apk /system/app
Exit

Adb push com.fede.launcher.apk /system/app