How to save google comtacts to phone

Texaskj07

Reaction score
I cant add ringtones to contacts because they are synced to google not saved to phone how do I fix this

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

fluidj

Reaction score
I have no clue but i want to say THANKS because I had no idea that you could even assign a ringtone by simply creating a new contact and saving it to your PHONE .
I just thought it was an android thing preventing separate ringtones!
THANKS!

musicman

Reaction score
Not sure why you can't give a contact a ringtone. I just go to a contact-edit-additional info-assign ringtone. Is this not available for you?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
T

Texaskj07

Reaction score
No that option is not available

OP
T

Texaskj07

Reaction score
Found it just have to learn my way around this phone

OP
T

Texaskj07

Reaction score
I took my google contacts and saved exported them as a vcard and then moved them to my sd card and imported them from the sd card once I did that they were on the phone now and saved there. Then I found where I could add a ringtone for certain callers and bingo set up just like my blackberrry was.

fluidj

Reaction score
Not sure why you can't give a contact a ringtone. I just go to a contact-edit-additional info-assign ringtone. Is this not available for you?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
that doesn't work for me either....at least not for the contacts that are google contacts or outlook contacts. Basically any contact that is synced to my phone from an email service doesn't have that option. Only contacts I create on the spot and select "save to phone"

Pfredd

Reaction score
Download Ringo Lite. It allows you to assign individual ring tones to your Synced contacts.