how to save battery with root?

nickguz

Reaction score
ive seen people go a day and barely use any battery with root. could i have some tips on how to save battery with root?

Paul1201

Reaction score
I downloaded P3's 125/1000 kernel and got the Droid 2 extended battery. This combination is absolutely perfect for me.

My screen off setting is 125 MHz minimum & 800 MHz maximum in SetCPU. I run and use MixZing and RunKeeper otherwise my screen off could easily be 125/400 and I think battery life would be unbelievable. I burn about 10-20% of my battery just during my runs.

dlwhtrose

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
The best way to regulate battery drain while rooted and being o/c'd is to use SetCPU and set up profiles. I am on a D1 and have mine o/c'd at 1200. But with the use of SetCPU and profiles I usually end the day with 40% still left on my battery. I do charge my droid every night regardless of where my battery life is. That way I am not caught out somewhere with a dead droid.

OP
N

nickguz

Reaction score
im thinking of just buying the extended droid 2 battery. can i buy that at a verizon store? or can i only buy one online?

Paul1201

Reaction score
I ordered mine online. The Verizon rep will point out you have the Droid 1 so just tell them it is meant as a gift for someone with a Droid 2.