Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Okay, now that Easy Root has been pulled from the market, is it possible to root using the RSDLite method we used under 2.1? I'm guessing so, but I don't want to tell anyone to go ahead and use that method if it's not going to take. Thanks!

montyboy

Reaction score
From what I have read, you can root 2.2 using the same method as 2.1 - though in another thread is did ask for a link to EasyRoot. I will let you know if I obtain a copy.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

montyboy

Reaction score
Thanks. The only problem is it's a paid app and asking for it or offering links to download it will can get you banned if a Mod catches you.

Ah! I was not aware it was a paid app. I wonder if the developer has an alternative distribution method that would still allow payment.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

winfrey717

Reaction score
okay so im new to all of this but i want to root my motorola droid. i manually updated mine to frg01b, everything is stock, and would like to know how to completely root it step-by-step. any help?

G

gavron

okay so im new to all of this but i want to root my motorola droid. i manually updated mine to frg01b, everything is stock, and would like to know how to completely root it step-by-step. any help?

1. Use the same process described in the sticky thread of rooting 2.1 (RSDlite +SBF).

2. Install one of the various FRG01B rooted ROMs.

E

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
i ended up using easyroot...what rom would u suggest at this time?
That depends on what you want for an experience -- for a tweaked, optimized "stock"-like experience, try CyanogenMOD. Kangerade, Sapphire, JRummy's Remix, Bugless Beast are all highly regarded.

If you just want to pretty things up, try a theme.

winfrey717

Reaction score
Another question, if I install a good ROM is it necessary to use overclocked kernels or just use SetCPU and if so, how do I install them since I used easyroot?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Another question, if I install a good ROM is it necessary to use overclocked kernels or just use SetCPU and if so, how do I install them since I used easyroot?
Nothing is "necessary", however if you want to install overclock, theme, or even install a new ROM over the stock one, you'll need an alternate recovery image like Clockwork Recovery or SPRecovery. Check my sig for a link to a thread that may help you out. :)

winfrey717

Reaction score
Well I used ROM Manager and did Flash ClockMod Recovery, what does that do?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

winfrey717

Reaction score
Thanks for the help, it is greatly appreciated and I bookmarked that thread you left a link for.