How to move movies from a laptop to the X, Maybe a tutorial for the complete idiot ??

Gregg C

Reaction score
How do I move a movie from my laptop (AVI file) to the X, Maybe a tutorial for the complete idiot ?? (Step by step)
I hooked up my X to my laptop with a USB cable, drivers were downloaded and thats all that happened.
Do I need a program on my laptop ? Someway to "see" the phone on the laptop and then how to move a movie in AVI format ??

Thanks Guys
Gregg

tj1772

Reaction score
I changed my sd card to storage device. Create "movie" folder. Copy movie directly to the folder. I think you need to change to mp4 format.

OP
G

Gregg C

Reaction score
Just received a reply from another site,
This is what it was,

"with the phone connected to the pc, slide down the notification bar on the top(where the time is). you should be presented with 4 options. tap on pc mode.

now your phone can be seen by the pc. go into your sd card and create a VIDEO folder.

drag the avi file from your pc to the VIDEO folder on your sd card.

done.

you may want "act1video player" it supports multiple file extensions"

I havent tried it yet, I'm at work, I'lll check it out tonight.

Gregg

psand

Reaction score
I changed my sd card to storage device. Create "movie" folder. Copy movie directly to the folder. I think you need to change to mp4 format.

You do not need to change to mp4 format to copy a movie unto the phone. I do not recall if the builtin player will play an avi file, but there are free players in the market that will play the avi file.

However I was not able to view a non MP4 file on a TV using the HDMI out. In order to do that I had to convert the the avi file to MP4 first.

But I was able to view the AVI file on the phone itself.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it doesn't work there are several conversion programs (like Doubletwist) that can change an avi to mp4.